DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First crash

FlyMe

Reactions
Got a phone call on cell phone when Mavic was almost home, I did not have return to home set. When the call came throught it wiped out my screen, which I forgot that coming back left and right is the oppisite, Mavic Pro ended up on some tree branches with resulted in the end of the pro broken.I am sending it today to DJI for repairs, does anyone know how long the turn around time would be? I just received my Phantom 4 yesterday and it is all setup to fly for the mean time but I just love the Mavic, I can take it just about anywhere with less space. Attached is a screen shot

Attachments

• IMG_0271.JPG
    IMG_0271.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: Flynz and dirkclod
Hate you had that crash FlyMe.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

Reactions: FlyMe
Got a phone call on cell phone when Mavic was almost home, I did not have return to home set. When the call came throught it wiped out my screen, which I forgot that coming back left and right is the oppisite, Mavic Pro ended up on some tree branches with resulted in the end of the pro broken.I am sending it today to DJI for repairs, does anyone know how long the turn around time would be? I just received my Phantom 4 yesterday and it is all setup to fly for the mean time but I just love the Mavic, I can take it just about anywhere with less space. Attached is a screen shot
Bummer, that really sucks:cool:. Do you have Care Refresh? If not, turn around time would probably be around 2-3 weaks. It's a good thing you have a backup to fly! Hope everything goes well with DJI. -CF

I am sorry for your loss. Honestly.
However, have you ever imagined walking around a corner, and someone has a baseball bat and wacks you, really hard???
Sorry.
I do have advice though....Do not put a battery in the P4.

Bummer, that really sucks:cool:. Do you have Care Refresh? If not, turn around time would probably be around 2-3 weaks. It's a good thing you have a backup to fly! Hope everything goes well with DJI. -CF
Thanks for the info, I am also new to this sight so it will take a while to find everything I need.

I know this doesn't help now, but flying in airplane mode is always a good idea to prevent things like this.

Hate you had that crash FlyMe.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)
it is already, people is responding back to me so quickly, thanks ALL!!!

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks for the info, I am also new to this sight so it will take a while to find everything I need.
Just a personal recomondation, but getting a cheap toy quadcopter that you can fly around he house is, in my opinion, a great idea. It helps you get familiar with the controls being backwards and stuff like that.-CF

Reactions: Flycaster and FlyMe

My first crash today too.

Came low to get a cool video approaching a large tree lit by the sun. Backed up to get a slow run in and passed behind a tree. Turned out to be larger than I thought and I backed into the tip of the tree is was passing. My new Mavic Pro got trapped in the leaves 4m off the ground. The tree was down a steep grassy bank. And I was on crutches with a leg in plaster. I scrambled down the bank, but could not climb.
A passer by came down the bank, climbed the tree and shook the branch for me. The Mavic fell into soft grass on a steep bank.
No damage apart from chips in a prop. Flies like a charm with a new prop. Phew! lesson learned. Fly forwards into a set up position!!

Reactions: Kingram
My first crash today too.

Came low to get a cool video approaching a large tree lit by the sun. Backed up to get a slow run in and passed behind a tree. Turned out to be larger than I thought and I backed into the tip of the tree is was passing. My new Mavic Pro got trapped in the leaves 4m off the ground. The tree was down a steep grassy bank. And I was on crutches with a leg in plaster. I scrambled down the bank, but could not climb.
A passer by came down the bank, climbed the tree and shook the branch for me. The Mavic fell into soft grass on a steep bank.
No damage apart from chips in a prop. Flies like a charm with a new prop. Phew! lesson learned. Fly forwards into a set up position!!

Next time consider rotating your drone 180 so you can see where you’re going. Yes, takes a small amount of extra stick input but worth it to prevent mishaps IMO.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15