DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First day's flight Video - North East UK

Treyjax

Reactions
here's a hastily edited (my first time using adobe premiere) video of my first full day with my new mavic pro.

Reactions: smurfslayer
Sorry , not buying it! First day my butt. Looks too good! Quit the BS and show the real first day

Sorry , not buying it! First day my butt. Looks too good! Quit the BS and show the real first day
Lol, that genuinely is my first day. My first full flight was at the lighthouse, I didn’t even know about gimble control at that point

I took delivery of it the pervious day, but when it charged up it was dark. So I took a quick flight up and down outside my house... and managed to clip a fence post!!!

I spent the next day just going to some of the picturesque places, and getting some footage, and nearly losing the drone in the process.

Adobe premiere is another fun learning curve, hopefully i’ll get better as that edit took me the best part of two hours!

here's a hastily edited (my first time using adobe premiere) video of my first full day with my new mavic pro.

Wow! Excellent.

Yes, because truth be told. I still don’t know how to set waypoints and have it automated
I’ve never used drones before so I’m hopi f I get smoother A time goes on.

The controls are intuitive, years of Xbox should help

Hi Treyjax, sorry to be a kiljoy, but some of the places you have flown in these shots put you in breach of CAA regs and the law. Please read the drone code, fly responsibly and have fun!

Hi Treyjax, sorry to be a kiljoy, but some of the places you have flown in these shots put you in breach of CAA regs and the law. Please read the drone code, fly responsibly and have fun!
How so?

I’m allowed to fly in class d zones, was flying above 50m and wasn’t directly over a crowd at any point, the drone never left my VLOS, never went higher than 400ft

EE96A79C-0A7A-4440-B08D-7E14E2F0F362_zpsta2zxq6k.jpg

It looks like you were fairly close to several buildings and built up areas. You said you were a newbie and i just wanted to make sure you knew the score. Sounds like you have already read it.

You shouldnt fly within 50m of vehicles, people or structures that are not under your control (except at take off when this can be 30M) and also not within 150m of any built up area or large gathering of people. This applies to all drones no matter how big or small.

It looks like you were fairly close to several buildings and built up areas. You said you were a newbie and i just wanted to make sure you knew the score. Sounds like you have already read it.

Yeah I studied the regs before buying,

Those shots were taken at a surprisingly lofty position, i was a good distance from the bridge, and nearly 200ft above it. And at all points apart from takeoff and landing over water. (Quayside & lighthouse) I thought I’d have to get a lot closer to get a shot, was really pleased with it.

I appreciate the heads up, I’m aware there will be some who immediately fly with no care or consideration for the law, I can assure you, that won’t be me!

Yes, because truth be told. I still don’t know how to set waypoints and have it automated
Truth, be told. You did it better than Dji Go. Pretty much perfectly centered! Giving you the benefit of the doubt that this was your first time. LOL

Truth, be told. You did it better than Dji Go. Pretty much perfectly centered! Giving you the benefit of the doubt that this was your first time. LOL
Thanks,

That was my first proper flight of any drone, the controls are pretty amazing though, years of playing on consoles really gives you a good feel for the drone.

Here’s hoping I can get some flight time under my belt before the end of the year, there’s so many stunning places in the north east.

Well done! Brilliant first flight with the Mavic.

Hoping to get some shots of the Quayside myself. Those bridges are beautiful.

All the best with your drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69