DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First drone flight ever.. Check!! This is awesome!!!

Oh it could. The rotor or tail rotor does not take kindly to hitting something. This one didn't even put much pressure on it. Blades can handle the initial damage, but will then degrade and break a while after it hit something. A small nick can lead to catastrophic blade disintegration which is very deadly to a helicopter.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Military helicopters are stronger though with part of the design of the Apache had the main rotors able to chop through small trees without bringing the who thing down.

I posted the FAA blade maintenance doc on this site somewhere.

did the helicopter hit something? or did it get tangled with the power lines

It bumped the wires, but what I don't like is that it didn't take much.

"Bumping" into a high-tension high-voltage power line will undoubtedly lead to catastrophic results. Not even remotely comparable to bumping into a Mavic. Do you realize how heavy and strong those power-lines are?

"Bumping" into a high-tension high-voltage power line will undoubtedly lead to catastrophic results. Not even remotely comparable to bumping into a Mavic. Do you realize how heavy and strong those power-lines are?

I hear ya, but a helicopter is made to bump into things like the ground when it lands. Watch the tail rotor as it doesn't do much to the line or the line to it. Of course we can't see in detail, but it makes a good example of the main point: It is an example of everything was fine after it hit something, and then it was not. This is typical prop failure. At least in the example of the pilot losing his prop in an airplane, he has a chance to glide.

In the case of the Mavic, it is a solid heavy object and I would be landing and getting out to inspect that helicopter wherever it was if I hit it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1