DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First drone mavic mini? Or mini 2

jess.888

Reactions
Hey All!

i am buying my very first ever drone to learn and just basic use!

Plz help! Do I pay $450 for a second hand mini 1 fly more + accessories or pay $950 for a brand new mini 2 fly more combo ?!

Bonjour
950 dollars est très surévalué de 656 dollars est le juste prix du combo. 574,98€ en France!

I too would suggest also considering a second hand Mini 2 if money is tight. That said I fly both the Mavic Mini and the Mini 2 and like both. $450AUD seems a very good price for a Mavic Mini combo, have you checked it over for damage etc. and test flown it or, if ebay etc., does the seller have a good feedback score?
Yes the 2 is slightly better in wind but the camera and control range differences are not a concern for me so no comment there.

@jess.888 ,if funds are not an issue then go for the brand new Mini 2
I agree, if funds are no issue, go for the new Mini-2 Fly More Combo.

But $950? I only paid $600 for mine, and I'm pretty sure that I've recently seen them for that price.

Has the price gone up that much?

Thx,

TCS

I agree, if funds are no issue, go for the new Mini-2 Fly More Combo.

But $950? I only paid $600 for mine, and I'm pretty sure that I've recently seen them for that price.

Thx,

TCS
The are a bunch out there of $600 or under, I've been looking at them for days. A DJI refurbished unit can be found for about $100 less.

I love my mini but recognise its limitations and fly within them. I once got some really good exercise by running almost a mile with my backpack on to find my mini which had been blown off course by the wind. Luckily it kept tx video until it safely landed in some ones back garden. Great exercise in using find my drone as well. I still find it a joy to fly but you are definitely going to enjoy the 2. Happy flying. What next, the FPV or Mavic 3?

Asked and answered in posts 8 & 9.

Note OP lists as in Australia. Current exchange rate is $1.40AUS = $1.00USD. DJI does have different prices in different countries, even accounting for exchange rates.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
236-507-4032