DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First drone

Yeah I think I got the bug and didn’t even get my drone yet lol. well I did have a cloud rider a few years ago but the wind took it away and never saw it again lol.But that was a toy!

Reactions: Hauptmann
I got the bug in the 80's for rc planes and I had it real bad. Used to drive my wife nuts. After my last crash about 10 yrs ago I just stopped flying. For me that was a huge deal, anyone that knows me would tell you that. For a long time people asked me if I was going to buy a drone. Honestly I just didn't want to spent the money or the time. But on the way home from work last year I seen someone flying one for a tv station and that's all it took after talking to him. I also watched videos for months before joining this site. The mini is capable but it's not the MA2. About the only time I fly it is when the wind is fairly calm. With the MA2 a reasonable wind is not a issue. I wouldn't worry say flying in 18 mph winds or gusts. You said you have a large farm which will be awesome to learn to fly on. My boss at work has a 160 acre farm he's let me fly on whenever i want and it's really speeded up the learning curve not being in the city.

Hi all,
I just wanted to thank everyone for all the input and recommendations for my first drone. I made my purchase today at Camrise DJI store in Paramus NJ. I am charging the batteries and controller and hope to have my first flight this week weather permitting. I pulled the trigger on the Mavic Air 2 Fly more combo. I will keep you guys updated on my thoughts after a few flights.
Steve
9D69163D-2742-48C4-BB46-D19465D85F4F.jpeg

My first purchase was / is the Mavic Mini, so far I’m made up with it, I’m gaining experience and co-ordination all the time which can easily get confusing,
I live in a town so there’s a lot of interference - plus I’m near an airport, but Ive still flown it over a local power station.
As for high winds I had a warning yesterday it was 23mph gusts, I still did a smart shot circular film around a local church - it’s a thumbs up from me ??

As soon as the MA2’s SDK is released, which should be this month, start looking for third-party products that will allow you to create waypoint missions. I used Dronelink with my Mini until I traded up to the MA2, so I’m waiting for support for the MA2. You can do waypoints and mapping (a separate function) of your farm. How far are you from the Woodstock concert site? That would make a fun mission.

As soon as the MA2’s SDK is released, which should be this month, start looking for third-party products that will allow you to create waypoint missions. I used Dronelink with my Mini until I traded up to the MA2, so I’m waiting for support for the MA2. You can do waypoints and mapping (a separate function) of your farm. How far are you from the Woodstock concert site? That would make a fun mission.
My farm is about 3 miles as the crow flies or should I say drone flies from Bethel Woods the original summer of love. Glad to hear I will be able to do way points in the near future

Enjoy your aircraft. Not sure if you already have either of these, but UAV forecast app is kinda helpful and I always use the Airmap app to make sure I can fly within compliance. I've never been back east but I'm guessing you get some good fall colors around there.

Enjoy your aircraft. Not sure if you already have either of these, but UAV forecast app is kinda helpful and I always use the Airmap app to make sure I can fly within compliance. I've never been back east but I'm guessing you get some good fall colors around there.
Yeah we do have some great fall colors. We also have very high taxes! I am a veteran so I get a little break but not to much lol. I do use the UAV app and B4UFLY, Kittyhawk, and AirMap. I am semi retired so I have some time for the hobby. I’ve been considering getting my commercial license as I have time to study. Will see how that goes.

Yeah we do have some great fall colors. We also have very high taxes! I am a veteran so I get a little break but not to much lol. I do use the UAV app and B4UFLY, Kittyhawk, and AirMap. I am semi retired so I have some time for the hobby. I’ve been considering getting my commercial license as I have time to study. Will see how that goes.
I would imagine there are some cool places to fly a drone down in the Catskills. I've always wanted to drive down to Bannerman's Castle and fly around. It's a bit of a hike from Bethel, but not too bad.

I would imagine there are some cool places to fly a drone down in the Catskills. I've always wanted to drive down to Bannerman's Castle and fly around. It's a bit of a hike from Bethel, but not too bad.
Hi anotherlab,
I see your from Albany I would think you also have some nice scenery. Yes Pollepel Island on the Hudson would be nice to fly over. I guess about an hour from me. I go to Castle point VA hospital once in awhile which is also near there so next time I go I will take my drone and check out the scenery. The Hudson has a lot of beautiful views. I really didn't think I would get in to the photography part of it but I think I am. It is amazing what these things can do.

Hi anotherlab,
I see your from Albany I would think you also have some nice scenery. Yes Pollepel Island on the Hudson would be nice to fly over. I guess about an hour from me. I go to Castle point VA hospital once in awhile which is also near there so next time I go I will take my drone and check out the scenery. The Hudson has a lot of beautiful views. I really didn't think I would get in to the photography part of it but I think I am. It is amazing what these things can do.
Flying over the Hudson is nice. I'm about 10 minutes from Henry Hudson Park and I can go out on the boat launch and keep an eye on my M2P when I fly it.

Attachments

• Hudson.png
    Hudson.png
    789.8 KB · Views: 5
Enjoy you Mavic Air 2 !!!!!! Make sure you charge the batteries separately one by one the first time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000