DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight EVER today. Mavic air, and first picture/ Video.

Droner505

Reactions
did my RTFM, watched youtube for 3 months on common mistakes and mishaps for new pilots, and after registration I finally decided today I would take off.

Beginner mode, at a park near my home in beautiful Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA. max height 30 feet.

Went through a few very low maneuvering and decided to take her straight up and point east at the Sandia Mountains.

(Video is still under edit...way too large..)

flight1.png

Im following the same path as you. I don't even have a drone yet hahaha. Knowledge is power!

The more of us that dedicate to the crawl, walk, and eventually run method, the better. Fact is, our drone CAN go very high or far, ( doesnt me we should) it's a responsibility issue to the community for sure to be safe and take these baby steps!

my registration only took 2 minutes.. easy compliance for my usage right now.cert.png

Reactions: razoraerial
Yea I kept each on drones in beginner mode fora month or two of flights to work on becoming familiar with the controller how the drone handled in different conditions and to experiment with different settings on the controller.
It's hard first reading the manual before a first flight was like torture I just wanted to take the drone out and fly it. Then keeping it in beginner mode for a period of time while I checked myself out on the new drone was once again
torture I just wanted cut loose from the beginner mode restrictions.

Very nice photo.

If you are thinking of doing photography with your drone I highly recommend Luminar 4 for editing touching up your photos

Before Edit.jpg After Edit.jpg

Reactions: Droner505
Yea I kept each on drones in beginner mode fora month or two of flights to work on becoming familiar with the controller how the drone handled in different conditions and to experiment with different settings on the controller.
It's hard first reading the manual before a first flight was like torture I just wanted to take the drone out and fly it. Then keeping it in beginner mode for a period of time while I checked myself out on the new drone was once again
torture I just wanted cut loose from the beginner mode restrictions.

Very nice photo.

If you are thinking of doing photography with your drone I highly recommend Luminar 4 for editing touching up your photos

View attachment 101765 View attachment 101766
Thank you for the tip! Yeah, i am just doing some basic picture taking and flights until more batteries arrive and I can configure the drones camera settings properly. I will have to do some picture and video editing for sure regardless.

under a hundred dollars, that intrests me..hmm...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph