DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flight - First Video - First Photos

tekgirl02

Reactions
My first ever flight was on Wed with an experienced pilot and it was so amazing! We made sure I had everything set up correctly, including calibrating the compass and IMU (not sure if that was necessary). It was just an amazing experience and I’m hooked! Can’t wait to go out and fly more 😊

I’m sure my Photos and video are not exactly stellar, but I’ll get better in time…thank you for all your encouragement and help! The advice and sharing of instructional videos is priceless!

Attachments

• E4F21122-7BB4-484F-91AB-475EF4BF689F.jpeg
    E4F21122-7BB4-484F-91AB-475EF4BF689F.jpeg
    8.2 MB · Views: 65
  • 0D482A37-78ED-47AC-9F52-96461831976F.jpeg
    0D482A37-78ED-47AC-9F52-96461831976F.jpeg
    7.6 MB · Views: 60
  • 421C2FB9-671B-47CA-AE8D-383D4D143B50.jpeg
    421C2FB9-671B-47CA-AE8D-383D4D143B50.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 61
@tekgirl02 you have definitely started your drone flying journey in the correct manner
joining this forum ,seeking advise ,and having someone to help you fly ,
and a great first effort ,it doesn't matter how good or bad those first efforts turn out ,just keep up the good work ,build your confidence and flying skills first ,then concentrate on producing some great videos and pics

Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma. As stated, you are on the right track. With each flight and each shot you will improve and get better. Ask questions here and look for the feedback offered on your posted shots.

Have fun, enjoy and fly safe.

Reactions: tekgirl02
Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma. As stated, you are on the right track. With each flight and each shot you will improve and get better. Ask questions here and look for the feedback offered on your posted shots.

Have fun, enjoy and fly safe.
Thank you so much! I’ll be sure to post and ask questions!

@tekgirl02 you have definitely started your drone flying journey in the correct manner
joining this forum ,seeking advise ,and having someone to help you fly ,
and a great first effort ,it doesn't matter how good or bad those first efforts turn out ,just keep up the good work ,build your confidence and flying skills first ,then concentrate on producing some great videos and pics
Thank you! Very good points - flying skills are my first priority!

You’re off to a great start! And that looks like a beautiful place to fly! Keep up the good work!
Thank you so much - I appreciate it! It is a really nice place to fly…many of the mountains I hike are in the background 😊

Reactions: dozzn
Enjoy your mini 2. I have been flying about 6 months now and enjoying every minute of it. Haven’t been to New York still on my bucket list. From Wisconsin have fun!

Enjoy your mini 2. I have been flying about 6 months now and enjoying every minute of it. Haven’t been to New York still on my bucket list. From Wisconsin have fun
Thank you - I'm very much enjoying it 😍 I as done if the most haven't been to Wisconsin! NY has some of the most beautiful hiking and skyline I have ever seen (I'm close to NYC).

Welcome from New Mexico. You're off to a good start. The gray of the winter trees and the browns of the ground make a nice palette. Looking forward to more. This is a great place with good folks who are willing to share and learn with you.

Welcome to the forum. I learn something new here every day and you will too. For most of us in the Northeastern US, this is not a prime time of year for flying, but be prepared to grab those days (or portions of days) when you really can grab an image that you, and those around you will be amazed at. Have fun, but be safe.

My first ever flight was on Wed with an experienced pilot and it was so amazing! We made sure I had everything set up correctly, including calibrating the compass and IMU (not sure if that was necessary). It was just an amazing experience and I’m hooked! Can’t wait to go out and fly more 😊

I’m sure my Photos and video are not exactly stellar, but I’ll get better in time…thank you for all your encouragement and help! The advice and sharing of instructional videos is priceless!

Welcome to the forum from the Texas gulf coast. I remember my first flight with a DJI Spark about 3 1/2 years ago. I still look back at that first video and photos and realize how far I have come, yet continue to challenge myself and get better with each flight. I'm sure you'll do the same. Congratulations and safe and happy flying.

Awesome job for 1st flight.. mine was at a park.. i never flew a drone b4 and a noob mistake was to watch ur drone like you were driving a RC Car.. i was afraid to go over a tree.. never really looked at my iphone so that was my 1st flight experience. then i said got to fly it thru my iphone, make it like you were playing a video game, you look at your monitor and use your keyboard to move and shoot ect.. so just made my joystick as i would a video game and flew it like i was playing a video game.. too simple... but my first flight was scary.. too bad i cant shoot machine guns and throw nades like a video game.. hmmmmm guess thats my next project..LOL

Awesome job for 1st flight.. mine was at a park.. i never flew a drone b4 and a noob mistake was to watch ur drone like you were driving a RC Car.. i was afraid to go over a tree.. never really looked at my iphone so that was my 1st flight experience. then isaid got to fly it thru my iphone, make it like you were a video game, you look at your monitor and use your keyboard to move and shoot ect.. so just made my joystick as i would a video game and flew it like i was playing a video game.. too simple... but my first flight was scary.. too bad i cant shoot machine guns and throw nades like a video game.. hmmmmm guess thats my next project..LOL
Thank you! I'm not great at video games 😎 We watched our iPhones and flew that way…

Thank you! I'm not great at video games 😎 We watched our iPhones and flew that way…
Im so glad you got the first flight in.
We joined this site the same day.
I just waiting for the weather to be ok. Until I can get my flight in.
Looking forward to your up loads

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard