DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini First Flight in the woods

This was my first ever flight in the woods. Using my Mavic Mini (since upgraded to Mini 2). Also the first video to make money for me, quite unintentionally. I had a researcher from Rare TV contact me based on this video, with a request to licence some clips for a programme about the origin of stones from Stonehenge. It will air on Discovery Science in the US. The money paid for my Mini 2 upgrade. Needless to say I was very happy about that!

I really liked the slow movement and the way you handled the transitions. The music was a good choice to further set the mood. What piece was it if I might ask?

It's called Solace by Scott Buckley. Royalty free:
Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.

I went to Scott Buckley's web site and noticed he mentioned that Solace was free as long as he is credited. I didn't notice such a credit in your video. Was that an oversight or is there something I missed or don't understand about this?

Reactions: Chris4koi
Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.

I went to Scott Buckley's web site and noticed he mentioned that Solace was free as long as he is credited. I didn't notice such a credit in your video. Was that an oversight or is there something I missed or don't understand about this?
Usually youtube applies the credit automatically so you don't need to do it manually. Looks like it didn't on this one so I'll go in and do it.

Reactions: Chris4koi
Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
I enjoyed the video as well, encourages me to try putting it all together.
I did wedding photography, and video for 40 years, put always paid some one to put video weddings together. I just liked taping the video, put not the editing part. Same thing with the pictures, paid a Pro company to print them out for me. I just liked taking the pictures.

This was my first ever flight in the woods. Using my Mavic Mini (since upgraded to Mini 2). Also the first video to make money for me, quite unintentionally. I had a researcher from Rare TV contact me based on this video, with a request to licence some clips for a programme about the origin of stones from Stonehenge. It will air on Discovery Science in the US. The money paid for my Mini 2 upgrade. Needless to say I was very happy about that!

Good job! Love the haunting music

great video capturing the change of the tree colours ?, great video editing along with the sound track, well done in getting some paid work too ??

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris Baish
Über neat video and soundtrack. Did you compose the music yourself? Well done!
It would be best to read all the post prior to responding. That way you needn't ask the music question, because you would see that he has already stated who the composer of the music was.

Reactions: Chris Baish
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54