DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight issues

necroscope

Reactions
Hi guys, some help please?

Had the first two flights of my MPP today. Flew at the same field where i flew my P3S. Mavic updated last night.

First flight, went OK although i did receive a warning saying compass interference, move to another area. The mavic did not drift away. Strangely however these warnings are not on the flight log or on playback via the app.

Second flight (fresh battery), same compass error then a full disconnect and RTH.

However it failed to reconnect. I was maybe 5m away from it. Not only did it not reconnect, it did not land.

I dont mind admitting i was beside myself.

After about 5mins i restarted the app, still wouldn't reconnect. Still didn't land.

I ended up grabbing it, cutting my thumb whilst turning the battery off with the mavic screaming to get away from me.

Any ideas what happened and what i could have done better if the situation arises again.

I’m not experienced enough to know what happened.

But I do know if you’re going to have to grab your Mavic while it’s flying, turn off the downward facing sensors In your app before you do grab it. That way the Mavic will not try to get away from you and you can grab it in a lot safer manner.

Thanks Dariof. Good advice. I was completely disconnected during this episode though.

Phil

Good advice guys, thanks.

Any ideas why it wouldn't reconnect or land? Or should it hover until a set battery point?

Phil

Sounds like the only thing that disconnected was the app ~and all it did was crash (not disconnect). During this time, the controller was most likely still fully connected. Use the controller without the app to land the craft. You'll need to figure out why your phone/tablet is crashing ~but the controller still works when this happens.

Hi guys, some help please?

Had the first two flights of my MPP today. Flew at the same field where i flew my P3S. Mavic updated last night.

First flight, went OK although i did receive a warning saying compass interference, move to another area. The mavic did not drift away. Strangely however these warnings are not on the flight log or on playback via the app.

Second flight (fresh battery), same compass error then a full disconnect and RTH.

However it failed to reconnect. I was maybe 5m away from it. Not only did it not reconnect, it did not land.

I dont mind admitting i was beside myself.

After about 5mins i restarted the app, still wouldn't reconnect. Still didn't land.

I ended up grabbing it, cutting my thumb whilst turning the battery off with the mavic screaming to get away from me.

Any ideas what happened and what i could have done better if the situation arises again.
Compass calibrated ? What are you taking off from (dirt ,grass ,rocks,deck,concrete?)
You should have been able to fly the mavic with just the controller
are you using the micro usb that came with the mavic that plugs into the side of controller?If so (and I might sound like a broken record) GET RID OF THAT.

Hi guys, thanks for the input.

The controller disconnected as it's display was saying "connecting" like upon initial startup. The app was responding and didn't reconnect upon restart.

At one point whilst the controller was saying it was trying to connect I could still move the mavic. Then even that stopped. It was shortly after that, that I grabbed it.

Compass calibrated ? What are you taking off from (dirt ,grass ,rocks,deck,concrete?)
You should have been able to fly the mavic with just the controller
are you using the micro usb that came with the mavic that plugs into the side of controller?If so (and I might sound like a broken record) GET RID OF THAT.

Hi, I'm not sure it's all app related as the mavic stopped responding to input too.

Compass calibrated after 1st flight compass error message, that I can't see upon flight review. It didnt enter atti mode....

How random.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryhav0c