DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flight went well but Have a Couple Questions...

Today’s first flight went well. I flew on nothing but manual mode, did some figure 8’s, circles around me, high-speed passes and took a few pics. I used RTH to see how it works but cancelled in enroute home and kept flying. I even put it in sports mode for a little while and enjoyed flying the machine.

Questions:

1. The map on the iPad 4 located in the lower right hand corner the the DJI app does NOT have any map info. I realize I do not have wifi out on the flying field. Is there any way to populate this map with data?

2. The lower left hand corner of the DJI app has a round circle with “N” noted on the circle, a dot and the red drone symbol in the middle. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to interpret that data in entirety. I know “N” is North, but I don’t understand how that information is used to fly the drone back to me when it’s so far out and the orientation is hard to see. Is there some sort of tutorial or explanation?

Thanks again for all the help.

Im not that familiar with the iPad models but does yours have 3g/4g?

also these might help...
-- setting up google maps offline on ipad

Download areas and navigate offline - iPhone & iPad - Google Maps Help -- googles instructions

Reactions: ezgoer
I am using DJI Go 4 on and Android phone. I have internet access on my home computer, but I don't have WiFi access at home. Therefore, I downloaded the Go 4 app to my computer, and transferred the file via USB cable to my cell phone, where I installed the application. Must I have access to WiFi in order to download and cache maps on my phone, or can I sideload the maps in a manner similar to the way I installed the Go 4 application?

Today’s first flight went well. I flew on nothing but manual mode, did some figure 8’s, circles around me, high-speed passes and took a few pics. I used RTH to see how it works but cancelled in enroute home and kept flying. I even put it in sports mode for a little while and enjoyed flying the machine.

Questions:

1. The map on the iPad 4 located in the lower right hand corner the the DJI app does NOT have any map info. I realize I do not have wifi out on the flying field. Is there any way to populate this map with data?

2. The lower left hand corner of the DJI app has a round circle with “N” noted on the circle, a dot and the red drone symbol in the middle. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to interpret that data in entirety. I know “N” is North, but I don’t understand how that information is used to fly the drone back to me when it’s so far out and the orientation is hard to see. Is there some sort of tutorial or explanation?

Thanks again for all the help.
tilt your mavic and youll notice diagram tilts which is mavics yaw position,the arrows relation to rc and mavic

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857