DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flight

AG-Cranes

Reactions
Managed to get the drone in the air yesterday.
I think I took a couple of photos. I looked on my phone afterwards but they aren’t there. Guessing they are on the app?

An hour later I found 3 pictures, on the app but now can’t remember how I found them!

Really need a club to join and pester the muck out of in the Midlands (UK).

Regards,
Very Beginner!

Managed to get the drone in the air yesterday.
I think I took a couple of photos. I looked on my phone afterwards but they aren’t there. Guessing they are on the app?

An hour later I found 3 pictures, on the app but now can’t remember how I found them!

Really need a club to join and pester the muck out of in the Midlands (UK).

Regards,
Very Beginner!

If your drone has an SD card onboard then the photos will be saved there. What brand/model drone are you flying?

All Photos and Pictures are either stored on the M2P's internal 8 GB memory --OR-- the micro SD card you had to install in the drone itself (same for Mavic AIR and Mavic Zoom).

The micro SD card can be removed and placed in a card reader for pulling the files off the micro SD card to your computer.

Else, you can use the supplied USB-A (computer side) to USB-C (drone side) refer to the instructions that came with the drone.

Once you connect the cable to the computer and the drone, you have to power up the drone (not necessary to power up the handheld controller). Your drone battery will need to have enough power remaining to keep the drone power up during the files transfer time. File explorer on the PC (don't know about a MAC) will show a new drive (the internal 8 GB drone memory) and if you have the micro SD card installed in the drone, it will also show up as a separate drive on the File explorer window.

Then drill down into the folders until you find the pictures and movies. Copy them over to your computer. After you copy them over, you can delete them from the drone.

Copy is safer than MOVE in case something goes wrong during file transfer, the original files are still on the drone.

Chime back in and let us know how it goes.

Reactions: AG-Cranes
PS... If your are using an micro SD card in your drone, you can select either the drone's internal memory or the micro SD card to record all your pictures and videos.

There are some good YouTube videos out there that explain how to set this up.

All Photos and Pictures are either stored on the M2P's internal 8 GB memory --OR-- the micro SD card you had to install in the drone itself (same for Mavic AIR and Mavic Zoom).

The micro SD card can be removed and placed in a card reader for pulling the files off the micro SD card to your computer.

Else, you can use the supplied USB-A (computer side) to USB-C (drone side) refer to the instructions that came with the drone.

Once you connect the cable to the computer and the drone, you have to power up the drone (not necessary to power up the handheld controller). Your drone battery will need to have enough power remaining to keep the drone power up during the files transfer time. File explorer on the PC (don't know about a MAC) will show a new drive (the internal 8 GB drone memory) and if you have the micro SD card installed in the drone, it will also show up as a separate drive on the File explorer window.

Then drill down into the folders until you find the pictures and movies. Copy them over to your computer. After you copy them over, you can delete them from the drone.

Copy is safer than MOVE in case something goes wrong during file transfer, the original files are still on the drone.

Chime back in and let us know how it goes.
Thanks I am getting better daily and managed to find them in the App with an option to save to phone.
I will download them onto the works PC as we intend to film gantry cranes in the air.

If you found them in the APP, on your iPhone, then at best its only the 1080p video that is sent from the drone back to the handheld remote controller during each flight.

THESE ARE NOT THE VIDEOS YOUR LOOKING FOR !!!!

The high resolution videos can only be recorded on board the drone (internal or SD card)

If you power up the drone to remove files or to fly or for any other reason --- YOU MUST REMOVE THE DRONE CAMERA's PROTECTIVE COVER BEFORE POWER UP ----

Each time the drone is powered up, it will move the camera through full motions side to side, round and round, etc. Hitting all the hard stops to be sure the gimbal is functioning properly.

This video shows how to remove movies and pictures from the Mavic Air. Its the same process but the connection to the Mavic Air is in a different location so ignore that. But the important part of this video is how this person is getting the files to the computer once powered up.

This video is specific to the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom as far as were the SD card goes and where the cable connects to the drone.

Between the two you should be able to get the REAL videos and pictures you may have or probably did shoot at 4K/30 frames per sec. and the pictures you shot at 20 mega pixels each. Any files you get from the iPhone or an iPad will be less quality and a smaller size.

Filming the gantry cranes from the air will be some interesting video.

It might be possible to set the "Follow Me" mode and have the drone stay right with the crane (keep a constant distance) as the crane moves across the room. That might be a good way to get a constant/safe filming distance from the crane during filming where manual operation of the handheld remote controller trying to keep the drone and crane spacing equal could be challenging. Manual flight with the distance closing in and then moving away may make for a bad looking end video product.

Yep, you all have some experimenting and learning to do. With some thought and practice you should be able to get a great video.

If you found them in the APP, on your iPhone, then at best its only the 1080p video that is sent from the drone back to the handheld remote controller during each flight.

THESE ARE NOT THE VIDEOS YOUR LOOKING FOR !!!!

The high resolution videos can only be recorded on board the drone (internal or SD card)
More great advise, thanks again.

PS... If your are using an micro SD card in your drone, you can select either the drone's internal memory or the micro SD card to record all your pictures and videos.

There are some good YouTube videos out there that explain how to set this up.
Red Bird thanks.
I am going to buy an SD card.

Thanks I am getting better daily and managed to find them in the App with an option to save to phone.
I will download them onto the works PC as we intend to film gantry cranes in the air.

It might be possible to set the "Follow Me" mode and have the drone stay right with the crane (keep a constant distance) as the crane moves across the room. That might be a good way to get a constant/safe filming distance from the crane during filming where manual operation of the handheld remote controller trying to keep the drone and crane spacing equal could be challenging. Manual flight with the distance closing in and then moving away may make for a bad looking end video product.

Yep, you all have some experimenting and learning to do. With some thought and practice you should be able to get a great video.

Oh and about the SD cards.....

The Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom as well as the Mavic Air write data to the card at a higher rate than the other DJI drones.

To make things easier make sure what ever brand of card you but (don't go cheap and get a knock off card on eBay, they don't work), the specs your looking for are:

V30 U3 A2.

The size is up to you, 64GB is fine but I went with the 128 GB.

This is what your looking for.

64 GB Drone Card for Mavic 2.JPG

First attempt

To all those who have answered me, thanks.
I have taken the drone to work where e have a young person called Chloe. She has gone through all the settings and manuals etc.

We have managed to do a short video and edit it but when I try to load it here i get "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension. "
Its in .mov, what is the preferred video type on this site?

The photo below was ok.

Attachments

• DJI_0015.JPG
    DJI_0015.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 14
Those are some huge beams making up that overhead crane and the motor crated up too. Those combined should make for some heavy lifting.

About the movie file. Maybe someone will chime in and answer or you might post the question in the "Photos and Videos" Forum.

Are you editing down the video file, save it in both formats, *.mov and *.mp4 See if it will take the .mp4 file. I've not uploaded any videos so not going to be much help here. They probably have a size limit too. Not sure about any restriction on the quality of the video (4K, 1080p, etc) if that would make any difference either.

When you get it figured out, let us know what you discovered.

Those are some huge beams making up that overhead crane and the motor crated up too. Those combined should make for some heavy lifting.

About the movie file. Maybe someone will chime in and answer or you might post the question in the "Photos and Videos" Forum.

Are you editing down the video file, save it in both formats, *.mov and *.mp4 See if it will take the .mp4 file. I've not uploaded any videos so not going to be much help here. They probably have a size limit too. Not sure about any restriction on the quality of the video (4K, 1080p, etc) if that would make any difference either.

When you get it figured out, let us know what you discovered.
thanks, the video was edited to only 10 seconds.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cambam34