DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight

JoG

Reactions
My mavic 2 pro just had its maiden flight :) Quite the experience coming from a Tello! So much more confidence and the stability of the connection is a big bonus. Didn't fly high or far but already made a mistake.
I saw that I could clear obstacles around me at 30m so I thought good my rth is set to 30m so I'm safe.
But I did not check it and when pressing RTH to see how it would perform it said returning home at 20m...I set it too low!
Luckily I had no obstacles between me and the drone when it returned so it was safe :)

Had a lot of fun did shoot some pictures and video but not really a nice view (cloudy overcast day).
Like the forum very much, lots of info here!

Jo

Those kind of settings are the kind of things that need as much attention as those fan things that sit on top of the motors. Certainly can make a big difference in the outcome of what you think was going to be a simple tour around the neighborhood.

Reactions: Former Member
OP, thank you for posting this. Hopefully others will take note that before the first flight, RTH and other important settings need to be looked at.

My mavic 2 pro just had its maiden flight :) Quite the experience coming from a Tello! So much more confidence and the stability of the connection is a big bonus. Didn't fly high or far but already made a mistake.
I saw that I could clear obstacles around me at 30m so I thought good my rth is set to 30m so I'm safe.
But I did not check it and when pressing RTH to see how it would perform it said returning home at 20m...I set it too low!
Luckily I had no obstacles between me and the drone when it returned so it was safe :)

Had a lot of fun did shoot some pictures and video but not really a nice view (cloudy overcast day).

Jo
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new M2P, Fly safe and have fun!

I had my first flight only few days ago and 3 nite after that. Still making little mistakes like camera settings etc but the thrill is amazing. What a toy.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Shame that today the weather in and around London is a overcast and windy...

Jo
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Thank you guys!
Forgot to mention I'm from Belgium :) Flying here is just about Illegal everywhere except on private property...
So my drone will mosty fly abroad! Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be flying in Italy in some nice weather!
If so I'll certainly post some pictures or videos:cool:

RTH height is a safety-critical setting. The one change I would make at top priority for the controller app: put the RTH altitude setting up there on the main summary page alongside max height and the other settings. That way before every flight we can look down the aircraft conditions and settings, including RTH height, before taking off. Anyone know how to get this idea prioritised with DJI?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yaro