Join Us Now

First flights with a mini 2, interesting experience

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 103366

I will hold my hands up and say the controller or maybe the joysticks do feel nicer in my hands than the controller of the Mavic Mini.
Drone firmware 01.02.0300, controller firmware 04.11.0016, app version 1.3.0.
Quite a few momentary disconnection messages and I did actually run into a proper disconnection at distances about the same as I get with a Mavic Mini in the same place.
I haven't yet looked to see what upgrades or roll-backs are available for the drone and controller but are the firmwares too far apart?

The disconnections prompted a "lets see what happens when it does properly disconnect" experiment where I could actually watch the drone 'up close' i.e. out to 100 to 200m or so and switch the controller off. The first one was odd looking, it seemed to be hanging around quite a bit before it did anything, then in clicked, it first retraces the last 50m of the flight path, this is a new behaviour to me. That was straight towards me, leaving the impression it wasn't doing much.

A subsequent experiment prompts the question, does the reverse follow the original flight path in three dimensions? I have run out of day light to experiment with this.

Attachments

• 1630782634524.png
    1630782634524.png
    134 bytes · Views: 36
I forget where I saw this explained...but it said that the drone would retrace its course, as it is a known safe route back

That would be in three dimensions, yes?
I suppose it would have to be, as someone could have flown over or under something to get to the loss of connection point.
It's just I had climbed, straight up, shortly (in distance and time) before switching the controller off and the vertical descent the drone made put the wind up my sails lol.

And switching the controller off causes what? A disconnect for X seconds causes a RTH which is well explained in the video linked to.

Then no need in thread continuing.
CLOSED​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldutson