DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First "gig" as 107 pilot $$

MakoJoe

Reactions
Got my first paying gig, walked up to a local gym owner and mentioned the opportunity to have a video from a different angle

He asked if he could do the editing and final cut at a lower price...right now I take all the help I could get :)

Will post vids and pics next weekend.

Congrats and good luck Joe . :)

Nice job, looking forward to getting my license soon to. Do you need anything else beside the 107? Like a business license or anything?

If you're planning on starting a business, yes, you need a business lic. with town approval, and liability insurance

Reactions: MakoJoe
If you're planning on starting a business, yes, you need a business lic. with town approval, and liability insurance
Got them, except...town aproval. This town (Miami, Fl)is big enough for one more 107 pilot! Decided on a corp...it's alive! It's alive!! Well technically it is its own entity!

How are you making out with the Business MakoJoe? What's your experience been so far navigating the Business-side of things?

How are you making out with the Business MakoJoe? What's your experience been so far navigating the Business-side of things?

Hi! Been traveling lately and have been out.
Well as far as the experience, there is a whole lot of people out there flying for $ who are NOT 107! They charge ridiculously low, it could be South Florida. But jobs where typically you can charge 300+ for real state, those other guys are doing it for 15o max. It makes it rather difficult. But once you can explain why you have a 107 certificate and how they can use the footage, it helps. But I have worked with some small businesses. Nothing large...I dont have the big hardware (inspire) to do that. So if you going into to make some money know there are others out there not 107 asking for very little.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998