DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First hyperlapse, stitching raw photos to make it 4k

The problem is that mavic air 2 shoots very fast and there is no slowing option. In this case, it is necessary to slow down via software while editing.

Nice hyperlapse! Very smooth!

What program did you use to turn the RAW images into a video?

The problem is that mavic air 2 shoots very fast and there is no slowing option. In this case, it is necessary to slow down via software while editing.
You are misunderstanding. Take more photos faster and keep the same frame rate. This will cause the video to slow down.

More photos (frames) take longer to play back (slower motion). Less photos take less time to play back (faster motion)

Here's my first decent hyperlapse taken a few weeks ago. It's a mix of 3 shooting sessions taken back to back then edited into one video. It's a bit jumpy at a few points but I think overall it turned out pretty good for my first attempt. Taking these kinds of shots and editing is all new to me but I'm learning a lot quickly. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: esco and JustAGuy
Here's my first decent hyperlapse taken a few weeks ago. It's a mix of 3 shooting sessions taken back to back then edited into one video. It's a bit jumpy at a few points but I think overall it turned out pretty good for my first attempt. Taking these kinds of shots and editing is all new to me but I'm learning a lot quickly. Hope you enjoy.

Very nice, I do some of the same stuff as well in combining multiple ones.

I set my MA2 at one shot every 2s for a total of 125 shots each session. If I remember correctly, it takes about 4 mins to take all 125 shots per shooting session. Thanks to the MA2's long flight time or rather battery life I can run through a few shooting sessions without having to land and change batteries. I simply wait for each shooting session to end then, hit the red button again.

Sorry I don't know what warp stabiliser is therefore; it's not likely I used it. :) I simply took the shots, lined them up on storyboard in post editing, added a Dissolve transition between the first and second frames, threw in the sound track and rendered what you see there. If I remember correctly I shot that in 2.7K @ 25fps using the DJI ND16 filter that comes with the FMC.

Hmm. So you didn't use any form of post-stabilisation? Its very smooth...which is leading me to believe my particular Air 2 has some serious IMU issues.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
No, I'm still kinda new to flying drones whatmore, video editing. Up until the MA2 came out I was flying radio controlled airplanes and helicopters. The MA2 really intrigued me so I watch a lot of YouTube videos on the camera settings and features and beginners guides on how to shoot and edit drone video, etc. I use Filmora 9 to edit because it's pretty powerful, has a lot of features and is beginner friendly.

Hmm. So you didn't use any form of post-stabilisation? Its very smooth...which is leading me to believe my particular Air 2 has some serious IMU issues.

No Warp Stabilizer (I do know what that is) Pretty dang windy.

Was surprised actually at how smooth this was, but I am also beginning to think I have IMU issues because my drone seems to drift sometimes, especially vertically. (In normal mode, full throttle forward, 6 feet off the ground, after 1000 feet, it's either 12 feet up or I had to give it vertical commands to keep it from crashing.)

Reactions: rcourtney671

No Warp Stabilizer (I do know what that is) Pretty dang windy.

Was surprised actually at how smooth this was, but I am also beginning to think I have IMU issues because my drone seems to drift sometimes, especially vertically. (In normal mode, full throttle forward, 6 feet off the ground, after 1000 feet, it's either 12 feet up or I had to give it vertical commands to keep it from crashing.)

Hmm. If that's 1080 your results are even worse than mine insofar as drift/timing is concerned (shame, it's such a great stormfront, btw). I've yet to see an OOC 1080 hyper lapse that isn't post-stabilised that is watchable, so perhaps it is what it is or my expectations are too high. Certainly the 8k are universally awful, but that's mainly because of the the minimum 6 second interval time.

Who knows, perhaps the Air 2 hyperlapse will improve with future firmware upgrades...but Im not holding my breath;-)

Reactions: itsneedtokno

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78