DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First hyperlapse, stitching raw photos to make it 4k

Hmm. If that's 1080 your results are even worse than mine insofar as drift/timing is concerned (shame, it's such a great stormfront, btw). I've yet to see an OOC 1080 hyper lapse that isn't post-stabilised that is watchable, so perhaps it is what it is or my expectations are too high. Certainly the 8k are universally awful, but that's mainly because of the the minimum 6 second interval time.

Who knows, perhaps the Air 2 hyperlapse will improve with future firmware upgrades...but Im not holding my breath;-)
Yeah man, that's 2 second exposure. Stitched in LR. So it's technically 4K, right?

I slowed it down, but you cant use warp and speed settings on the same clip.

Hmm. If that's 1080 your results are even worse than mine insofar as drift/timing is concerned (shame, it's such a great stormfront, btw). I've yet to see an OOC 1080 hyper lapse that isn't post-stabilised that is watchable, so perhaps it is what it is or my expectations are too high. Certainly the 8k are universally awful, but that's mainly because of the the minimum 6 second interval time.

Who knows, perhaps the Air 2 hyperlapse will improve with future firmware upgrades...but Im not holding my breath;-)
thats 6 second sucks... if we dont get a fix for that in a update soon im going to be pissed! I have no idea why they thought that would be acceptable...

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Yeah man, that's 2 second exposure. Stitched in LR. So it's technically 4K, right?

I slowed it down, but you cant use warp and speed settings on the same clip.

Yeah, you can.

In PP you can make all your adjustments, select your time compression to taste, and then create "nest". After that you can apply warp stabilisation.

• Love
thats 6 second sucks... if we dont get a fix for that in a update soon im going to be pissed! I have no idea why they thought that would be acceptable...

I believe it's a limitation of the write speed. Any faster and you get buffer under run. 8k is pretty much a gimmick anyway, 4k from a half-inch sensor is more than adequate.

Yeah. Premiere is full of annoying quirks.

Then again, so are all Adobe products.
so ive got the project open right now, nested it, threw WS at it... ill upload it as soon as its finished. analyzed 6% but my optane memory hasn't kicked in yet.

...gotta love adobe

also, should probably mention that i did turn twice, dont want that to be mistaken as an FC correction. there are two turns that are obviously intentional, one is synced to a thunderclap.

also, should probably mention that i did turn twice, dont want that to be mistaken as an FC correction. there are two turns that are obviously intentional, one is synced to a thunderclap.

Appreciated. I always use way points with hyperlapse with VERY little movement. It's so distracting. However, in your case the jerky timing and shudder is pretty unacceptable in my opinion. Ive had similar results at times but there is no way that Warp Stabilisation with cope with that. Must have been really windy up there!

Appreciated. I always use way points with hyperlapse with VERY little movement. It's so distracting. However, in your case the jerky timing and shudder is pretty unacceptable in my opinion. Ive had similar results at times but there is no way that Warp Stabilisation with cope with that. Must have been really windy up there!
1) it was certainly VERY WINDY
2) I prefer waypoint mission 1000x over, but I have yet to figure out how to set one point, but max flight time. So I have to set something like 5 points, that takes up precious time and extra battery, when I could pop in up in free and get to shooting.
3) I just thought every Hyperlapse was that jerky ?
4) I wish I didn't have to turn, but the storm was moving much faster than I expected.

okay, so its finished, and looks way better... but...

the clouds like kinda warp-y but the dock looks super stable. way better close up, but the far away stuff looks strange.
Lol. Yup, sounds like Adobe's Warp Stabiliser to me! Some stabilisation - mainly warp. I prefer DaVinci for stabilisation, or After Effects, which is the best of the lot.

As for waypoints, I tend to use only 1 in hyperlapse mode. The setup is super easy. Fly to waypoint 1, adjust camera angle to taste, hit box number 1. Fly to waypoint 2 - do the same. You can then decide how many seconds you wish the TL to last for (say, 15 seconds) and then you can either select "reverse", which means it starts from WP2 and goes back to WP1 (thus, saving battery) or not, in which case it will fly back to WP1 and begin the HL.

Lol. Yup, sounds like Adobe's Warp Stabiliser to me! Some stabilisation - mainly warp. I prefer DaVinci for stabilisation, or After Effects, which is the best of the lot.

As for waypoints, I tend to use only 1 in hyperlapse mode. The setup is super easy. Fly to waypoint 1, adjust camera angle to taste, hit box number 1. Fly to waypoint 2 - do the same. You can then decide how many seconds you wish the TL to last for (say, 15 seconds) and then you can either select "reverse", which means it starts from WP2 and goes back to WP1 (thus, saving battery) or not, in which case it will fly back to WP1 and begin the HL.
how can I use AE for stabilization?!
im still new to AE, okay with PP, pretty good with PS, and good with LR... still plenty of room to grow!

every time I only put one waypoint my shooting time is limited.
this was early on, before many updates though. so i will try again tomorrow.
i would be over the moon. the directional movement adds stabilization by itself.

how can I use AE for stabilization?!
im still new to AE, okay with PP, pretty good with PS, and good with LR... still plenty of room to grow!

every time I only put one waypoint my shooting time is limited.
this was early on, before many updates though. so i will try again tomorrow.
i would be over the moon. the directional movement adds stabilization by itself.

It's a lot more complex in AE, but far more natural. There are many tutorials on YouTube for this.

The box that comes up in waypoints allows you to determine how long you want the HL to render to as well as adjust interval time.

Good example, thanks.

Without knowing your settings I'd concede that PP looks much better in this example. Having said that DV doesn't suffer from that hideous warp effect that PP tends to induce.

Good example, thanks.

Without knowing your settings I'd concede that PP looks much better in this example. Having said that DV doesn't suffer from that hideous warp effect that PP tends to induce.

I just used the default setting in PP and the "similarity" method in DaVinci

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705