DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First M2P crash, who is the best repair service in USA?

KS-6

Reactions
I was shooting some low altitude footage for a resort client today and forgot to turn on obstacle avoidance back on after the last job so I backed into cottonwood treetop while setting up a shot, it was about 40' feet up, 427' feet away from the controller point when I lost it. I quickly located it, powered it down and flew my EVO II Pro and got the job done.

When I got home, I did a visual inspection and for the most part, it all looked good except for the right rear arm left a small crease in the upper body when it over extended. It also has the classic upward movement past the normal stop so it really needs to go in. I did a quick 15' foot high test flight to check the rest of it and the gimbal and camera seem fine.

I see several outfits in the U.S. listed for this kind of repair (common) but who is the most reasonable and best out of the lot? From what I gather from past threads on here, the arm, sleeve and even the upper body needs to be replaced so I am wondering what is the typical cost these days?

Just as a matter of interest do you have any interest in repairing the drone yourself?
It's not very difficult providing you can solder.
Where a repairer likely has the advantage is in being able to spot other, unnoticed damage. It took me several goes to find all the damage done when I crashed mine.
If you have broken the travel stop off the inner end of the arm's pivot the arm comes off in any position but the replacement will only go back into the drone with the arm in one position, the stored position from memory, due to the travel stop sliding in grooves in the sleeve.
I wouldn't have changed the sleeve except for the fact that the new are was a tight fit in the old sleeve, that half makes me wonder if the new are was a pattern part or if there are slight differences between moulds.
If you DIY it and reuse the old sleeve be sure to check the old sleeve for the broken off stop, mine was stuck, by grease, in the sleeve and would probably have caused problems. Also be careful to not deform the ventilation grill near the sleeve if you fit a new sleeve or remove and refit the old one.

Reactions: KS-6
I’ve sent drones to Thunderdrone. He’s in the greater Atlanta area and is quick to repair and ship back to you. You should be able to find him on this forum.

Reactions: offtheback and KS-6
I’d give it a go if there were not soldering involved, while it looks pretty straightforward as a DIY, it’s critical that the soldering be absolutely perfect.

I’ll check out Thunderdrones.

I used DJI Drone Service some time ago and they were responsive and quick on the repair and not expensive even though they paid shipping both ways.

[email protected]

Reactions: dirkclod
I’ve sent drones to Thunderdrone. He’s in the greater Atlanta area and is quick to repair and ship back to you. You should be able to find him on this forum.
+1 on Thunderdones.Faoir pricing-quick service.

The bird is on the way to the doc at Thunderdrones....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22