DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FIRST REAL DRONE

MavicWatson65

Reactions
So I've bought a new Mavic Pro but my wife's wrapped it up for Christmas :-( A quick look at this forum indicates a friendly and helpful site, so I'm looking forward to contributing when I can. cheers

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: MavicWatson65
So I've bought a new Mavic Pro but my wife's wrapped it up for Christmas :-( A quick look at this forum indicates a friendly and helpful site, so I'm looking forward to contributing when I can. cheers
Howdy from Wyoming, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

You're going to love it!

In the meantime, you can download the DJI Go app and spend some time going through the menus to learn where things are and what settings are available to you. You won't be able to actually change any settings without being connected to the Mavic and the controller, but it never hurts to start learning the app now.

Same with the owner's manual. The Mavic will come with a quickstart guide, but you can read the manual now to be ready to fly as soon as you get the Mavic out of the box.

Download the manual here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual V1.8.pdf

Wrapped it up for Xmas!?! Is it ok? Can it breath in there? In a few weeks, once you are head over heels in love with your Mavic, you will think back on this time and wonder why you let it sit under a tree for several weeks in an air-tight box.

Enjoy your new bird!

Reactions: ChillyD
Your wife is good and evil at the same time :). While waiting, watch crash videos. They will show you what not to do.

Oh, and if the weather is crap at Christmas time, unless you order some prop guards to arrive in time suppress the urge to fly indoors. Save that experience for when you have some experience.

You're going to love it!

In the meantime, you can download the DJI Go app and spend some time going through the menus to learn where things are and what settings are available to you. You won't be able to actually change any settings without being connected to the Mavic and the controller, but it never hurts to start learning the app now.

Same with the owner's manual. The Mavic will come with a quickstart guide, but you can read the manual now to be ready to fly as soon as you get the Mavic out of the box.

Download the manual here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual V1.8.pdf
Awesome Mr Salty and thanks for the detailed info.

Your wife is good and evil at the same time :). While waiting, watch crash videos. They will show you what not to do.

Oh, and if the weather is crap at Christmas time, unless you order some prop guards to arrive in time suppress the urge to fly indoors. Save that experience for when you have some experience.
Yep, but she's a keeper, that's for sure. Roger indoor flying and thanks for the heads-up

Avoid the temptation to fly indoors, once you can open it. This puppy really prefers a strong GPS connection and space.Make sure you have a GPS signal before launch, almost all of the features to get your drone home require it (RTH). And keep it in sight. Enjoy.

Wrapped it up for Xmas!?! Is it ok? Can it breath in there? In a few weeks, once you are head over heels in love with your Mavic, you will think back on this time and wonder why you let it sit under a tree for several weeks in an air-tight box.

Enjoy your new bird!
But at least I can't crash it (yet). Cheers.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Avoid the temptation to fly indoors, once you can open it. This puppy really prefers a strong GPS connection and space.Make sure you have a GPS signal before launch, almost all of the features to get your drone home require it (RTH). And keep it in sight. Enjoy.
Got it - good advice.

I’d get some identical wrapping paper and a brick and swap the Mavic out. 10 days from now swap it back again and feign surprise!

Best accessories I bought were landing gear, landing pad and Firehouse Technology strobes.

Welcome! You’ll love the mavic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeroenvc