DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First time drone owner - hornchurch

Sdjm22

Reactions
Evening all. Should be getting my first drone at end of month. Mini 2. Is there any places I should avoid buying from. Or am I safer sticking to high street stores.

I’m based in Hornchurch, any other people based near by with some good ideas of where I should to fly first?

welcome to the forum
if you purchase it locally then you have the advantage of being able to return it if there is an issue with it ,just check out the returns policy of the store ,or you could get it from an approved DJI dealer in the UK there are several to choose from,,Amazon seems to have a good returns policy as well

Welcome.
I can vouch for Amazon's returns policy, 2 items returned, one for refund (no replacement available) the other for replacement, no hassle apart from having to lug the item to the post office (collections are not suitable for me).
Do some shops still try to fob folks off with "oh you need to take this up with the manufacturer" responses?
Ebay's also worth checking, especially if the sellers are online departments of high St stores running offers (I bought my Mavic Mini from Currys when they had an offer running on Ebay) (though verify as best you can that it is the actual High St chain that is the seller and not someone using a VERY similar related name). Ebay's own T&C are now quite good (in fact I would say they make returns a bit too easy for disreputable buyers) and, I think, take precedence over the sellers 'rules'.
I was looking at something where the seller stated "NO returns", I recollect checking with ebay if that was enforceable if there was a problem or perhaps a "not as described" problem, the recollected reply was that Ebay's rules "rule".

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening all. Should be getting my first drone at end of month. Mini 2. Is there any places I should avoid buying from. Or am I safer sticking to high street stores.

I’m based in Hornchurch, any other people based near by with some good ideas of where I should to fly first?
Purchased mine from Flybydrones , had it for 9 months and had a problem with one motor not starting, contacted them , they asked me to send it back, they paid postage, a few weeks later DJI authorised them th give me a new replacement mini2, wonderful service, cheers Len

If you buy from VERY on 9 months buy now pay later you get a 10% discount.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones