DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Raven Mavic

Reactions
Hi. I have read a large number of posts of people that purchased the Mavic as their first ever drone. I have had a Mavic since the release in October. I am by no means a professional, BUT because I was somewhat new (1 year) to drone flying I feel I can relate to beginners very well. Here are some thoughts and opponions. If you are an advanced flyer, please feel free to add to this post.
1. Congrats on getting the Mavic! It is a fantastic drone and has a ton of safety feature to help you maintain your aircraft.
2. Read and watch!! I am not someone with a lot of patience so I don't always read the instructions. I DID read everything they sent me. I also watched a ton of YouTube videos to learn more about the Mavic. It was extremely helpful. There are a few things that are no clearly covered in the manual so watch many videos on flying your Mavic.
3. Seriously consider registrating with the FAA. It's $25 for a honbiest and it's easy.
4. Start in "Begginer Mode". You will not regret this. You will out grow this quickly but do yourself a favor and start in beginner mode.
5. Fly OUTSIDE and within sight for a while. Get used to the controls. Inside flying is not recomended for the Mavic. Many of the safety features involve GPS and you will likely not get great reception indoors.
6. Pay attention to warnings on your screen and stay away from power lines.
7. Keep it clean. Try to land on pavement and not grass. You don't want anything to mess with the balance.
8. You will get notifications to calibrate and other various maintenance options. DO THEM ALL!!

That's all for now, please feel free to ask questions below and I'll do my best to answer them. Advanced users, please verify that my information is accurate. Thanks!! Happy flying!!

I would also say along the lines of LOS is to fly the aircraft without looking down at the video feed. Practice flying around and getting used to how the aircraft reacts to the controls. If no prior experience, I would even say put it in tripod mode to keep the speeds down at first. Learn how the inputs change with orientation, practice nose in a lot. This way if you lose GPS and go into ATTI mode, you will know how to control the aircraft at all times. Practice flying figure 8s in both directions.

Welcome BTW!

Reactions: Raven Mavic
Welcome to our newest forum Raven :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

@Raven Mavic *I want to mention that the FAA registration is only $5 for 3 years.
ONLY use the official site to register your UAV's - sUAS Registration

You also may want to consider a membership with the AMA - Academy of Model Aeronautics

Hi. I have read a large number of posts of people that purchased the Mavic as their first ever drone. I have had a Mavic since the release in October. I am by no means a professional, BUT because I was somewhat new (1 year) to drone flying I feel I can relate to beginners very well. Here are some thoughts and opponions. If you are an advanced flyer, please feel free to add to this post.
1. Congrats on getting the Mavic! It is a fantastic drone and has a ton of safety feature to help you maintain your aircraft.
2. Read and watch!! I am not someone with a lot of patience so I don't always read the instructions. I DID read everything they sent me. I also watched a ton of YouTube videos to learn more about the Mavic. It was extremely helpful. There are a few things that are no clearly covered in the manual so watch many videos on flying your Mavic.
3. Seriously consider registrating with the FAA. It's $25 for a honbiest and it's easy.
4. Start in "Begginer Mode". You will not regret this. You will out grow this quickly but do yourself a favor and start in beginner mode.
5. Fly OUTSIDE and within sight for a while. Get used to the controls. Inside flying is not recomended for the Mavic. Many of the safety features involve GPS and you will likely not get great reception indoors.
6. Pay attention to warnings on your screen and stay away from power lines.
7. Keep it clean. Try to land on pavement and not grass. You don't want anything to mess with the balance.
8. You will get notifications to calibrate and other various maintenance options. DO THEM ALL!!

That's all for now, please feel free to ask questions below and I'll do my best to answer them. Advanced users, please verify that my information is accurate. Thanks!! Happy flying!!

Thank you this is my first quad, and I love it, I figured out the grass thing on my first flight. The Magic sits really low. Now I launch from a piece of cardboard and its also fun practicing landing on the cardboard. this little trick is helping me get better with the controls

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_