DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First time in Drone Forum, after recovering my Mavic Pro

Moosemantoyou

Reactions
First time in Drone Forum,after recovering my Mavic Pro & I am looking to get started on drying out my drone and charging battery. What happened is about two weeks ago I was flying my Mavic Pro and was bring it back with 20% battery, drone went into landing mode and landed in trees. I knew which grove of trees it was in but could not find it. Two weeks later after a couple of rain storm I went out and found it sitting in the top of the tree with the right side facing down. What should I do beside let it dry out? Should I get a new battery? Any help would be great, thank you in advance.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching :)

The best thing to do is to take it apart. This way you can see any moisture and corrosion and take the necessary steps. Obviously the more air flow it gets inside, the better. There are teardown videos on YouTube. You want to dry it out as much as possible as quickly as possible to stop any more corrosion from forming. The good news is that DJI applies a conformal coating to the PCB which helps in situations like this, but doesn't make them water proof.

If you dont want to take it apart, you could try to put it in a bag and use a desiccant which removes moisture from the air, causing the water to evaporate quicker. This method isn't as good as forced air drying. Some people will recommend using rice for this. Dont listen to that. Rice is a poor desiccant. Products like damp rid or silica gel packets are proper desiccants.

First time in Drone Forum,after recovering my Mavic Pro & I am looking to get started on drying out my drone and charging battery. What happened is about two weeks ago I was flying my Mavic Pro and was bring it back with 20% battery, drone went into landing mode and landed in trees. I knew which grove of trees it was in but could not find it. Two weeks later after a couple of rain storm I went out and found it sitting in the top of the tree with the right side facing down. What should I do beside let it dry out? Should I get a new battery? Any help would be great, thank you in advance.
Howdy from Wyoming @Moosemantoyou , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Thank you all. Mavflyer I will look for the video on YouTube. I just can’t wait to start flying again. Best part of loosing my Mavic in the tree is the guy who owns the property has a DJI Phantom III, which he got used and has never flown it. I have a new person to fly with now.

Thank you all. Mavflyer I will look for the video on YouTube. I just can’t wait to start flying again. Best part of loosing my Mavic in the tree is the guy who owns the property has a DJI Phantom III, which he got used and has never flown it. I have a new person to fly with now.
No problem. Hope it all works out. Keep us updated please.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! I hope you get your Mavic up and running again. Fly safe and have fun!

Hey all, after a couple of days to dry out and a little cleaning my Marvin took to the air again. Thank you all for the info and welcome. I look forward to post vidoes and look for more advice in the forum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+