DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First video - constructive feedback welcome

Adventures With Nic

Reactions
Hey all!

I'm Nic and I currently with in Berlin though I'm Australian.

I was going to use the Mavic Mini to do some photography and videography as I travel, but that isn't possible at the moment. So I decided to explore some of Berlin's abandoned buildings instead! Let me know what you think!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My current self criticism is that I overdid the color grading, and I need to make sure the subjects are moving in general.

Hey all!

I was going to use the Mavic Mini to do some photography and videography as I travel, but that isn't possible at the moment. So I decided to explore some of Berlin's abandoned buildings instead! Let me know what you think!

My current self criticism is that I overdid the color grading, and I need to make sure the subjects are moving in general.

Could have made the graffiti pop more but having said that I felt the colour was just right for the surroundings. Really great video.

Hey all!

I like it a lot.

You have a pink color in your midtones that just doesn’t work and the second clip of the video, a panning shot is too fast and choppy I can’t tell what I’m even looking at, but besides that it’s very well done.

You have lots of creative shots that flow well.

I have a “urban art” video to be released in the next week or so from Darwin but didn’t use the drone (all GoPro). Would love to find a location like yours here for that.

Looking forward to seeing it! Yeah Australia definitely lacks the abundance of the run down locations Europe has.

I like it a lot.

You have a pink color in your midtones that just doesn’t work and the second clip of the video, a panning shot is too fast and choppy I can’t tell what I’m even looking at, but besides that it’s very well done.

You have lots of creative shots that flow well.

Yeah that shot was a bit jarring. Will take the wider sweeping shots slower next time for sure! Thanks again!

Nice footage! Love it!

Hey all!

I think your subject matter is great. I cut the sound as I usually do to focus better and when I did it became more apparent how quickly you panned over some great looking scenes. Thank you for sharing and keep on.....It's tough to know how much time is too much....but you could always edit to shorten.

Negatives:
First thing I'd say is your white balance. Maybe it was your intention but the pink sky looks unpleasant to me.
Smoothen out and slow down all the movements (helps if you adjust the settings in the GOFLY app). Some were too fast and too jerky. Also stabilise it in post if you have the software.

Positives:
You've got a good eye for shots and you picked a good location
I like the way you took advantage of the Mini's size with some cool shots through small spaces.
Good variety of shots in there too.

Overall really good for a first attempt. If you'd just colour corrected and graded it better it would make a massive difference.

Reactions: Adventures With Nic
Yeah I definitely over did it with the colour correction, though didn't look as bad on my laptop as my phone, will have to remember that for next time!

Going to a few more cool locations around Berlin this week, so will take on all that feedback. Thanks again all :)

Reactions: Pablo
Overall, excellent footage. One or two pans that are too quick, just slow them down a little. The colour, as you state is a little overdone, but a fascinating video.
I lived in Berlin in the mid-eighties (yes, I know I'm getting on a bit lol) and loved every second of it. I saw a program 'Europe from the air' on TV the other day and they showed where I used to work, the abandoned building at the top of Teufelsberg. Perhaps you could add that to your list of locations? I would love to see that.

Yeah I definitely over did it with the colour correction, though didn't look as bad on my laptop as my phone, will have to remember that for next time!

Going to a few more cool locations around Berlin this week, so will take on all that feedback. Thanks again all :)

One thing I do is upload in private then watch on as many devices as you can. If it looks fine publish it not delete, adjust and upload again.

Overall, excellent footage. One or two pans that are too quick, just slow them down a little. The colour, as you state is a little overdone, but a fascinating video.
I lived in Berlin in the mid-eighties (yes, I know I'm getting on a bit lol) and loved every second of it. I saw a program 'Europe from the air' on TV the other day and they showed where I used to work, the abandoned building at the top of Teufelsberg. Perhaps you could add that to your list of locations? I would love to see that.

Oh nice! Teufelsberg is definitely on my list to visit! It is privately owned now and you have to pay to get in, so going to wait until I have more videos up before approaching them to shoot there!

One thing I do is upload in private then watch on as many devices as you can. If it looks fine publish it not delete, adjust and upload again.

That is a good idea, thanks for the tip!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madejow95