DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FJI Fly app characters too small on screen

pilot1

Reactions
Does anyone have an issue with reading the legend on the top of the screen.
My eyes are pretty good and I can BARELY see the battery charge percentage when flying or the number of satellites, etc.
Is there a way to make the characters larger?

More contrast is definitely necessary, on an opaque black background, as the battery percentage numbers currently are white on a translucent background. Barely legible, if at all, against a bright sky! You can click on them, and bring up colorful voltages and flight time, but that enlarged view doesn’t display the percentage battery at all!

Last edited:
A black background for the numbers would help the visibility
I tried till blue in the face with DJI, Battery percentage still white?(Mavic Mini)one of my post on DJI forum a lot of guy's talked about it and ranted but nothing was done, and now I'm kicked in the rear again with the MA2 same problem.

Last edited:
Are you using a smartphone? I ended up getting an Ipad Mini 2. It makes a huge difference in being able to see the video feed and all of the icons on the screen.

Are you using a smartphone? I ended up getting an Ipad Mini 2. It makes a huge difference in being able to see the video feed and all of the icons on the screen.
Getting a bigger, better, brighter display will almost always solve problems but such a brute force technique compared to something as simple as a black background text vs white font is FREE. Besides, if they fix this wouldn't even look even easier on a big display? Its pure pride from their UI team in this that is holding them back. They are thinking that we will eventually get used to it, well lo and behold its 6 months + now and no one is getting used to it.

Agree here also. It's really difficult to see anything at the top of the screen. The 'Fly' app could really use some improving and I definitely miss the layout of the G04 app when using this one.

Increased size unfortunately still doesn't help with the lack of contrast on a translucent bright sky background with white numerals displayed over it for the battery percentage.

Its true that it is a nightmare to read. Unfortunately I have a Mini and the Air2 using the same app. The Air uses the other app so there is a marked difference when I switch between the drones. I have learnt to work around that by tapping on the battery icon that is almost invisible for some basic information. I haven't had a chance to try it yet on my Air2 as I have had only 14 minutes of flying time but I am sure it would work on it.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Can everyone provide this same input for this issue over on the DJI Air 2 forum in this post:

Thanks!

Reactions: crosswired
Increased size unfortunately still doesn't help with the lack of contrast on a translucent bright sky background with white numerals displayed over it for the battery percentage.

I guess it would be nice to have some type of auto adjustment that would sense brightness and automatically adjust contrast.

Reactions: LoganAir
I guess it would be nice to have some type of auto adjustment that would sense brightness and automatically adjust contrast.
It needs to be in red, not white, just like in the GO 4 app. Red will rarely be in the background on the FPV screen. Alternatively, the background needs to be opaque black, instead of clear and translucent, letting the blown out sky hide the number.

Same here. The problem is that a lot of the time the sky is the background where the battery percentage is shown. I found if I move the camera over something dark (usually done by just pointing the camera down), the battery percentage is a lot easier to see.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman