DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

flickering video

MichalEf

Reactions
Hi guys,

I'm quite new to video editing and I was wondering what I am doing wrong. After exporting a video of a yellow rapesead field I get a lot of flickering.

Anyone can point out where do I make mistake?

thanks

Michael

I have very little expereience as well, so just guessing a mismatch between shuttle speed and frame rate?

How did the raw footage look? Does the original material look decent and it's only after post production, compression/upload where the problem starts? Also, maybe you're flying too fast for the subject material, especially the straight down view near the end. You might try a fast shutter speed than normal. Which drone was used and what were the camera settings?

If this is in the footage already before editing, it might be caused by two (three) things:
1) What were the wind conditions? If there s wind, the rop might have been "waving" which caused the video to look like flickering. There were two or three instance in the video I thought to see this (first time at about 27 seconds)
2) You have very many very little yellow points. It might not be the footage it self, but played at the normal speed, it might simply be that our brain is not able to register the fast moving points and let it look as if it is flickering
3) There might be a problem with the footage from the beginning. This should be tested by making other videos.
If this is a post-editing thing, you should have a closer look at the settings you edit with and the setting syou export the video in. I use FCP and as I export the video, I can change settings (lowe resolution i.e.) to get a smaller file in the end. That then inflences the quality of the video.

There is obviously a problem with video compression, possibly from your own export settings and/or from YouTube's processing after upload. What software did you use for editing and exportation? What codec and settings did you use?

Other than that, it could be the picture settings in the Mavic itself. I always use neutral settings because I prefer to makes changes myself in post instead of letting the device "guess" what's best. In the Camera Settings menu (the button just under the record button), select Photo Settings (the middle icon), and then select the Style menu. There, you can adjust three values, one for Sharpness (triangle), one for Contrast (circle), and one for Saturation (square). I can't remember what the original settings are, but I prefer to set everything to zero, so that the Mavic itself does not make additional processing of the image. Maybe your Sharpness settings are in the negative, and that could make the image more blurry. You should take the time to play the settings yourself and see what you prefer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aidiophilifix