DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Around Ben Franklin Bridge

flew my Mavic Air Around the Benjamin Franklin bridge in Philadelphia

I like your Ben Franklin Bridge YouTube very much. Please tell me if FCC allow me DJI Mavic to fly above bridge like your video 0:28? Also the height seems to be more than 120 meters (400 feet)? Thanks~.

Attachments

• B F Bridge.PNG
    B F Bridge.PNG
    331.5 KB · Views: 12
I took the chance. The FAA says not to fly over crowds, which I don’t consider people in steal boxes a big risk. Vehicle damage maybe. Also, the height of the bridge was just below 400’. No issue there

Reactions: PenningFish
I took the chance. The FAA says not to fly over crowds, which I don’t consider people in steal boxes a big risk. Vehicle damage maybe. Also, the height of the bridge was just below 400’. No issue there

This is the kind of reckless attitude that is going to screw all recreational pilots. You have zero consideration for the lives and well-being of others. You took the risk? Wrong, you put all those folks driving on that bridge at risk. What gives you the right to endanger the lives and property of others so you can get to shoot a video however you want? The FAA regulations prohibit you from flying over moving traffic, not just over crowds. While there is some level of risk flying a UAV the regulations that exist are there to make a reasonable attempt at minimize that risk while still allowing us some measure of freedom to fly. You blatantly violate the rules and when made aware of the violation try to justify breaking the rules. Juvenile attitude IMHO.

Reactions: The Editor
With the thousands of videos and pictures from people fly around from towns and cites, are you saying none of them fly over city streets? That some how every flight is over safe passages where there are no cars, no pedestrians, no one in the front or back yards? What makes flying over a bridge more risky than a city street?

In your world drones can only be flown over trees, fields and water. Wait, can’t do water either might risk a boat.

Where would the USA be if Benjamin Franklin had obeyed all the rules from us Brits. I am sure he would have approved. Get a train in shot next time. It will be even better.

With the thousands of videos and pictures from people fly around from towns and cites, are you saying none of them fly over city streets? That some how every flight is over safe passages where there are no cars, no pedestrians, no one in the front or back yards? What makes flying over a bridge more risky than a city street?

In your world drones can only be flown over trees, fields and water. Wait, can’t do water either might risk a boat.

So now you double down on the attempt to justify violating the rules. I guess you won't accept that the rules are there to minimize the potential for injury until an injury or death occurs. Again, it's that sort of attitude that has created the rash of rule making we've seen and blatant violations, in your face violations thrown thrown up on internet, that are going to be the motivation for the FAA to make the rules even more stringent. Neither you or I know what percentage of drone pilot at least make a good faith attempt at following the rules but that has nothing to do with the violation you highlight in this video. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: The Editor
Where would the USA be if Benjamin Franklin had obeyed all the rules from us Brits. I am sure he would have approved. Get a train in shot next time. It will be even better.

Actually Franklin was one of the last of the Founders to agree that the Revolutionary War was the only path to satisfying the grievances of the Colonies. His decision wasn't made recklessly.

I want to fly close to the 0:28 angle (maybe a little bit off the bridge) and take a photo. Thank you so much for showing the wonderful video and sorry for bringing the argument. Best!

So now you double down on the attempt to justify violating the rules. I guess you won't accept that the rules are the to minimize the potential for injury until and injury or death occurs. Again, it's that sort of attitude that has created the rash of rule making we've seen and blatant violations, in your face violations thrown thrown up on internet, that are going to be the motivation for the FAA to make the rules even more stringent. Neither you or I know what percentage of drone pilot at least make a good faith attempt at following the rules but that has nothing to do with the violation you highlight in this video. Two wrongs don't make a right.

So with all you righteous chitter chatter why is flying over bridges more dangerous than flying over city streets?

I want to fly close to the 0:28 angle (maybe a little bit off the bridge) and take a photo. Thank you so much for showing the wonderful video and sorry for bringing the argument. Best!

You’re welcome. Good luck. The arguments are just noise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada