DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Battery can not switch off

helmut

Reactions
One of my 3 Intelligent Flight Batteries I can not switch off. The 2nd and 3rd LED turn periodically on and off.
Anybody experienced similar problems?

Yes, the two leds turn on and off in about 30 sec interval. Same while charging or unplugged. This now for 2 days.
Pressing the button on top makes no difference.

Did u try pressing the button, then pressing it again for 2 seconds

Did u try pressing the button, then pressing it again for 2 seconds
Yes, I tried all kinds of combinations. This battery is over one year old. I did not use it for 3 month. Maybe I have to replace it.
Btw: The two leds are still flashing as I described

Have you tried updating it's firmware via DJI Assistant 2 on the PC

One of mine does that, I press the button couple times, 20 sec later it's off

No. How to update the battery? Is there any link?

You basically update the AC firmware and the battery gets updated at the same time, follow this video, but make sure the battery has been on the charger for 2 hours to make sure there is enough charge to do the AC firmware update. Also when you connect the AC to the PC you have to turn it on for it to be recognised

Last edited:
You basically update the AC firmware and the battery gets updated at the same time, follow this video, but make sure the battery has been on the charger for 2 hours to make sure there is enough charge to do the AC firmware update. Also when you connect the AC to the PC you have to turn it on for it to be recognised

Thanks for the help and the video. I will try it on weekend. And report.

Thanks for the help and the video. I will try it on weekend. And report.

Don't let the battery discharge, keep it on the charger, even though it's not show as charging it still takes on a charge

Two LEDs in the center of battery flashing normally indicates the battery is updating it firmware and you have turned off or interrupted the update before it has had time to complete or the the battery has gone below 50% during the update in witch case it cant complete.
This is a critical situation as you must now charge the battery above 50% to fix the problem.
Put battery on the charger and leave for a few hours regardless of light/LED status.
Now you will have to connect to Assistant2 on PC with Mavic using the battery and start drone by normal button press start up.
Now use Assistant2 to update battery which should show anyway and correct the fault.

Two LEDs in the center of battery flashing normally indicates the battery is updating it firmware and you have turned off or interrupted the update before it has had time to complete or the the battery has gone below 50% during the update in witch case it cant complete.
This is a critical situation as you must now charge the battery above 50% to fix the problem.
Put battery on the charger and leave for a few hours regardless of light/LED status.
Now you will have to connect to Assistant2 on PC with Mavic using the battery and start drone by normal button press start up.
Now use Assistant2 to update battery which should show anyway and correct the fault.
Wow wow. That must be exactly what happened.
I followed your and Iannes instruction and the battery is back to normal. I was already considering to buy a new one.
Thanks very much for the professional help. If you would be here in Bangkok I would invite you for a delicious Sushi dinner

Some background info:
2 weeks ago I visited DJI in Shenzhen and ask if they can repair my one year old Mavic Pro, which crashed in electric wires. (It was my fault) If not I was prepared buy a new one.
They say they can repair, the price was only 150 Euro. I paid and they gave me a new Mavic in exchange. With the money I saved I bought a CrystalSky with holder and all necessary attachments.
Very professional English speaking sales lady ;-)
So last week I tried to connect everything, and had on the beginning problems with passwords (old and new Mavic) WIFI connection and using the old batteries. This might have caused the problem Dragonfly correctly described.

Question: I have two more old batteries. Do I have to update them too?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro