DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

flight crash with my new drone

yopascoayo

Reactions
Bought dji mini 2 a few weeks ago an today I got my first crash. It was a slowly crash against a wall but the drone got damaged. can this little damage cause interference on my next flights? the blades have small stuff too. thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_20210417_222523.jpg
    IMG_20210417_222523.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20210417_222712.jpg
    IMG_20210417_222712.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 118
The crack in the shell could lead to minor turbulence during flight. The props look fine. Put a strip of tape over the crack and it should be fine. You may consider a lite application of epoxy resin to more permenantly seal the crack if you won't be sending it in for service, but from what you've shown, it likely won't be necessary.

The crack in the shell could lead to minor turbulence during flight. The props look fine. Put a strip of tape over the crack and it should be fine. You may consider a lite application of epoxy resin to more permenantly seal the crack if you won't be sending it in for service, but from what you've shown, it likely won't be necessary.
thanks I'll use some tape and hope it don't gets turbulance

Bought dji mini 2 a few weeks ago an today I got my first crash. It was a slowly crash against a wall but the drone got damaged. can this little damage cause interference on my next flights? the blades have small stuff too. thanks all
It is not possible to know what damage to the unseen technogy, if any, may have occured from the crash by looking at the exterior. I would closely examine the gimbal and camera for obvious damage.
The prop scuffs look minor from the pictures, but again, looks don't always tell the tale. if you are worried about them, change them out.
The concern I would have over the crack would be propagation.
Otherwise, I would check for proper function, may calibrate what can be calibrated and see how it goes. For testing I would keep it close and low.
Keep in mind, this is what I would do, some may recommend letting DJI have aook at it.

It is not possible to know what damage to the unseen technogy, if any, may have occured from the crash by looking at the exterior. I would closely examine the gimbal and camera for obvious damage.
The prop scuffs look minor from the pictures, but again, looks don't always tell the tale. if you are worried about them, change them out.
The concern I would have over the crack would be propagation.
Otherwise, I would check for proper function, may calibrate what can be calibrated and see how it goes. For testing I would keep it close and low.
Keep in mind, this is what I would do, some may recommend letting DJI have aook at it.
thanks for your opinion, I'll calibrate all I can and I'll put some tape on it and keep it low and close for some time to test it out. I'll let the same propellers they seem nice

thanks for your opinion, I'll calibrate all I can and I'll put some tape on it and keep it low and close for some time to test it out. I'll let the same propellers they seem nice
Fly it low and close a few times to see if anything "weird" happens in flight. That way, if something does happen - you're not 300 ft up and a 1/2 mile out as it drops out of the sky. You'll typically see any issues right away. But put the drone thru its paces to make sure.

Not sure if tape will work or not. I'd think epoxy or superglue would be a better fix to stop any further cracking of the shell.

No such thing as minor prop damage but it's a cheap simple repair ..it's called replace. Have fun flying and stay away from wall's..Altitude is your friend ;)
Welcome from California!

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Careful before you fly again, no telling what came loose inside the little critter. Depending on the impact. Fly safe.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam452