DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight height restrictions (NFZ)

whytepawn1

Reactions
Hello house.
Had an assignment to do yesterday... And needed to go about 300 meters high to capture the area... At 150meters height I go a warning that I have gotten to my maximum.( Set my height to 400meters). How do I get rid of the flight height restrictions at that location? I use the mavic2 pro.

I wanted to capture something recently that required me to fly at 80 meters but I was in a restricted area with a limit of 60.
So I jumped in my car , drone up a hill 5 mins away , started the drone , put it in the car , drove back to my original starting point and viola ! the drone was now showing -30 meters height. Had 15 mins flying time left at 90 meters.

Opinion:

Legally. As a community, drone pilots do not need gooberment scrutiny. The best way to avoid that is to stay legal. Keep it beneath the radar, so to speak.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello house.
Had an assignment to do yesterday... And needed to go about 300 meters high to capture the area... At 150meters height I go a warning that I have gotten to my maximum.( Set my height to 400meters). How do I get rid of the flight height restrictions at that location? I use the mavic2 pro.

You would need to tell us once you got the warning, did you push past it. The Apps will always say you reached maximum (Legal) then you have to say you understand and push on. There is a chance that you are not logged into DJI servers in your account to authorize flying out of "Newbie" mode, but that doesn't seem the case with the altitude you achieved. And finally as mentioned there could have been a TFR in place that restricted altitude. What does the DJI GEO map say for your area when you looked, it will have told you if that is a hardlimit for the area?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada