DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Log recorded until what point after crash?

Strudmin

Reactions
my Mavic 2 pro droped into a forest and I´d like to know if it is still up in the trees or on the ground. For that it would be good to know if the flight log still was recorded after the motors stopped. The data says it is up in the trees but it could have fallen down after the crash, after the motors stopped. It crashed shortly before the batteries went to 0%, due to some issues I couldn´t fly it home.

The data in the flight logs on your mobile device would have stopped recording when the downlink disconnected. In order to know what was recorded beyond that point, you'd need to find the aircraft and retrieve the DAT flight log from the aircraft.

it would be good to know if the flight log still was recorded after the motors stopped.
The data says it is up in the trees but it could have fallen down after the crash, after the motors stopped.
The data can only show what happened up until the drone shuts down.
It can't show whether or not it is still up in the tree.
Share your recorded flight data and we might be able to tell more about the incident.

thanks for the replies so far.
I think it still continues recording video after landing/crashing(if it can), but maybe it stopps the flight log? If I would carry it in my hand without motors on and record a video walking around, would it record a flight log? I don´t think so..

thanks for the replies so far.
I think it still continues recording video after landing/crashing(if it can), but maybe it stopps the flight log? If I would carry it in my hand without motors on and record a video walking around, would it record a flight log? I don´t think so..

The txt log stops when the motors stop. The DAT file and video feed continue until power off or loss of downlink.

If I would carry it in my hand without motors on and record a video walking around, would it record a flight log?
It would only record a DAT flight log on the aircraft. You'd need to start the motors if you also want to record a TXT flight log.

A .DAT will start recording on the mobile device if the Go App is running and a connection is made. There doesn't have to be a motor start.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78