DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Records Not Totally Updating

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you tell me, if the elevation of where I flew 1000 feet was 26 feet, how is my top altitude still a negative number? I could understand it if I was out to sea when taking off but I was on dry land each time, and even if I did take off close to water the depth has never been more than a few feet.
I explained that in post #18.
If you want to see a higher Top Altitude, you probably have to go to Georgia (or fly from the top of a landfill mountain).
It has nothing to do with your flight altitude, which you can easily see by tapping on the top of the Altitude column in teh flight records.

Haha you guys are making my head spin

So you are saying my top altitude will increase when I take off from a higher elevation? That makes no sense. It's the top altitude because of how how the Mavic was from where it took off from. It has nothing to do with elevation. Even DJI has agreed there is an issue and it should have updated and should not be displaying a negative number. The Mavic is not looking at the current elevation not would it know the elevation from where it is. I recommend you check out this post for clarification. How to determine the actual altitude

Last edited:
So you are saying my top altitude will increase when I take off from a higher elevation?
I said that as clearly as I could in posts #16, #17 and #21.
Do you need me to spell it out again?
That makes no sense.
I never said it made sense.
I was just telling you how it is.
Even DJI has agreed there is an issue and it should have updated and should not be displaying a negative number.
Some DJI people will tell you anything, but nothing will happen.
The Mavic is not looking at the current elevation not would it know the elevation from where it is.
The Mavic is doing plenty of things you don't know about.
Try reading post #19 where I explained this (and repeated this in post #21).
I recommend you check out this post for clarification. How to determine the actual altitude
That post hasn't got anything relevant to what you are asking.

Last edited:
At this point I could say the sky is blue and you would argue that. When I get the issue resolved with DJI I will post the fix for others that are having the same issue. If you look there are post on DJI's forum with people having the same issue with the app and DJI agreeing there is an issue and they were working with them to resolve it. Read this entire thread Wrong value for Top Altitude

But you haven't launched from anywhere higher.
The Top Altitude does not show your flying height, it shows the highest takeoff location.
Do you have documentation on that? I really doubt that's what it is.

facepalm.gif

Reactions: old man mavic
No but I can stop all the nonsense for a bit till an Admin looks at this.
This makes 2 threads in just the last few minutes . What is it today guys.
The weather .
IMG_9413.png

Reactions: old man mavic
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member