DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

flight records - smart controller

Reactions
I have 164 flights recorded and wondering about how to " save" or store this flight data? Do you copy them off the smart controller and save them somewhere else to view and learn from? Is there a way to store them for Mac users?

When I play the flight data, I get the coordinates and the flight line the drone flew; but the map does not come up with any detail and says " map loading". Is there a place to download these flight records that would also give me proper map detail?

The map detail is not in the logs. Basically the GPS coordinates are read from the logs and map data dynamically fetched from the internet.
I seem to recall someone having wrote a stand-alone flight log player.

The logs are the TXT files that those here ask for when analyzing flight problems. You can sync all your logs to DJI, which is bi-directional. If you set it to keep all logs, then when you fly with one device and sync, when you sync on another device, the flight from the first device will appear.

Last edited:
To find your flight records, start your SC click the app icon

Annotation 2019-09-22 085417.jpg
Then the File Manager icon
Annotation 2019-09-22 085616.jpg
For manual removal/storage, use a USB cable to retrieve the internal storage or an SD card reader to remove the external files to your computer.

Your files are located as below, depending on whether you have them going to the SC's internal storage or to an SD card.

internal storage DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord
external_sd DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord

and will look like this:
Annotation 2019-09-22 082753.jpg

internal storage DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord/MCDatFlightRecords
external_sd DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord/MCDatFlightRecords

and will look like this:
Annotation 2019-09-22 082819.jpg

This is all a manual process and there are other ways to move and view your flight records that are more automated. But if find this method simple and quick. I can then upload them to one of several different viewers/storage sites (see @msinger's MavicHelp).

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121