DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Records

Bchbound

Reactions
Hi,

I saved my flight records to my PC using iTunes. Now how do I use those files to see my flights on a map ?

The text files are in Chinese and I can't open the .DAT files.

Is there a separate web site or app that can use these files to see a tracking of where I flew? I have seen that others have done this and I would like to also.

Thanks

You can read the DAT flight logs with DatCon.

i found it easiest to link my dji account to my airdata account. I've enabled "Auto-sync flight records" in DJI fly and airdata automatically loads the flight logs from the dji cloud. The free airdata account has a maximum of 100 flight logs.

The free airdata account has a maximum of 100 flight logs
To clarify, that's the most recent 100 flight logs. So, it could be a good option for those who only ever need to look at recent flights (or don't fly often).

Reactions: ff22
Thanks for all the responses. How do I get from reading the data to a map with a green line showing my flight path for the whole flight?

How do I get from reading the data to a map with a green line showing my flight path for the whole flight?
One option -- upload your TXT flight log here. See that page for more instructions.

Reactions: sar104
Thanks for all the responses. How do I get from reading the data to a map with a green line showing my flight path for the whole flight?

Airdata.com does all that for you for free and you don't have to deal with any file transfers once it's set up. The flight paths are yellow though...

Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 7.41.15 PM.png

Airdata.com does all that for you for free and you don't have to deal with any file transfers once it's set up. The flight paths are yellow though...

View attachment 102517

I wanna know what you were flying! Love seeing the patterns after flight and trying to work out what I was doing to get such a tangle !!!

"I wanna know what you were flying!" With all those twists, turns and about faces, a politician by the looks of it.

Hi,

I saved my flight records to my PC using iTunes. Now how do I use those files to see my flights on a map ?

The text files are in Chinese and I can't open the .DAT files.

Is there a separate web site or app that can use these files to see a tracking of where I flew? I have seen that others have done this and I would like to also.

Thanks
CsvView can accept both .txt and .DAT log files. CsvView has a GeoPlayer that shows the flight overlaid on the geo image.
1590499543547.png

If you want green you'll need to change the color of the flight path.
1590499674615.png

Obtain CsvView here.
CsvView Downloads

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szost557