DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight restrictions in SoCal.

Ekok

Reactions
I'm sure everyone is aware of this and i can't seem to find a specific thread about the ongoing nightmare of the " yellow zones" throughout Los Angeles ( entire SoCal ). Most of the places I want to fly have about 2-5 listed names to call for permission. I live in San Fernando valley and want to fly in a secluded area far away from residential neighborhoods ( pretty much mountain /flat, slight terrain area). Most of the names listed are 1 school probably 4 miles away and 3 heliport areas.... do we really have to call all listed names to ask for permission? Obviously near airport towers...but schools and heliport? The place of interest is Victory Trailhead in West Hills, CA if anyone here is familiar. I've only been flying my Air at the Apollo airfield at lake Balboa which I hear is legal to do..even though its next to a airport . Thanks everyone !

You don't have to notify schools.

You are, however, supposed to contact all airports/air towers including heliports.

Reactions: Ekok
I'm in Oklahoma and live about 1.5 miles from an airport. If you go to faa and register you can get "tokens" to allow you to fly in yellow zones after you agree to be 100% responsible for any problems you cause. I fly all the time within 500 ft of a red no fly zone.

This is the main reason I got a 107 license. You may want to spend the $150.00 and do the same. Far less aggravation.

I'm in Oklahoma and live about 1.5 miles from an airport. If you go to faa and register you can get "tokens" to allow you to fly in yellow zones after you agree to be 100% responsible for any problems you cause. I fly all the time within 500 ft of a red no fly zone.
Oh ok.... I have to research on "tokens". Awesome..thanks !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada