DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Florida - Disney Parks

I did not shoot that video, neither did I inhale ;)
In general I avoid people as much as possible. If someone walks towards my while I'm flying I intentionally walk away, they get the message. I fly for fun and work (photography and mapping) so I get a fair amount of attention, I've not had a bad experience yet but I know it's coming one day.
I think the best way to handle a busy body person is to not engage in a discussion, be courteous and professional but firm and tell them to bugger off in a polite manner - unless they're from law enforcement.

I did not shoot that video, neither did I inhale ;)
In general I avoid people as much as possible. If someone walks towards my while I'm flying I intentionally walk away, they get the message. I fly for fun and work (photography and mapping) so I get a fair amount of attention, I've not had a bad experience yet but I know it's coming one day.
I think the best way to handle a busy body person is to not engage in a discussion, be courteous and professional but firm and tell them to bugger off in a polite manner - unless they're from law enforcement.
Yep. That's my approach. I would not engage and tell them politely to leave your workspace alone. And if they don't go away, talk to your shirt like you have a mic on and pretend to talk to someone in the field about where the drone is positioned and where to move. That gives the impression that they are responsible for any crash due to constant harassment while you fly. Lol

This is an interesting post. Ive been following some of the content just because I too live in Florida. You know there are other drones out there that allow you to fly within certain areas. Not that I support that type of unlawfulness (LOL). I own a Yuneec Q500 4K that has no restrictive firmware, but don't fly it anymore. Never even knew about all the restrictive air spaces until I purchased my DJI MP2. Crap, I was recently grounded for a week in Lakeland because of the Lakeland Fly-in. Ive always been able to fly at the house with no problems, but not that week. My motors wouldn't even start. (how do they do that crap?) It is a dam shame your coming to visit our State and you can't record your stay the way you wish. But I do understand why Disney places such high restrictions on their air-space, but don't understand why such a large area. Has long as we own our DJI's we will need to play that game. I say, leave the drone and batteries at the motel to avoid any problems. I know electronics and smart batteries don't play well with excessive heat. AND FLORIDA DOES HAVE HEAT.
Hey Lubelaczek, Disney is for kids anyways. Its a fantasy that only kids can dream of going to. It really isn't for grown-ups to record air video. Florida has some of the most unbelievable beaches in the world (with no air space restrictions) that can be air videoed. Hot weather, hot sand, hot bikini's.

Could always put your batteries in a dark bag and place them on top of a wheel out of sight. Just don't forget them.

Well if you are going to the Florida Keys you are probably going through Miami. I have spent my first year of owning Mavic Air flying in and around Miami. http://vimeo.com/331437816 . (Key Biscayne and Virginia Key) . and .

Be careful of putting drone in a cold environment and then bringing into a warm moist environment. you will get condensation on the lens and on the electronics. You can put it into a sealed plastic bag to minimize the condensation.
just a thought.

Reactions: goodlettjr
I would get a cheap styrofoam cooler take those frozen blocks that you put in your freezer put that on the bottom throw a towel over that and then cut a piece of cardboard that fits the inside of your cooler as a platform and then put your case with your mavic on top of it I bet it stays cool as a cucumber

Do not put your drone in a cooler with ice packs or anything else wet. You do not need the added moisture or the sudden change from cold to hot when you remove it.

Yes. We do plan to move around. Possibly go all the way to Keys which by the way are also NFZ for me. ?
You helped me to get an idea. Just looked at "know before you fly" maps. Unless we will be going away from "crowds", parks etc. there is no point to even put it in the car. Between hotel and parks there will be no chance to use it.
I travel each year to Florida with my drone, and so far never had any problem flying it around, as long as it wasn't in NFZ of course. So you will have plenty area to enjoy flying it there while on your vacation trip :)
As for Key West, yes all those NFZ are a shame there since it could be some place really nice to film by air. Probably due to all those small airport and military bases. Although, almost all the key up to Key West should be fine for you to explore with your quad Thumbswayup

Just came back from my trip.
Parks - like I said, there is no point to even bring M2P there. If you are like me, enter park with "rope-drop" and leave after fireworks, there will be not much to see on way to, and back from park. However, no questions were asked about battery that I did carry through security. Yes, M2P battery with USB converter plug. My daughters drain their phones like crazy and battery worked like a charm. There was even some juice left for my GoPro.
I did plan to find a sweet spot somewhere on Key West. No way. Military installations all around and not enough time to search or ask local authorities for permission.
However, we spotted this guy on the ground.

Reactions: drakkor
I travel each year to Florida with my drone, and so far never had any problem flying it around, as long as it wasn't in NFZ of course. So you will have plenty area to enjoy flying it there while on your vacation trip :)
As for Key West, yes all those NFZ are a shame there since it could be some place really nice to film by air. Probably due to all those small airport and military bases. Although, almost all the key up to Key West should be fine for you to explore with your quad Thumbswayup
Yes. We stopped for second before going back through 7 Mile Bridge. Got some footage, but nothing impressive. I will try to post it as soon as I get some rest. 3320 miles over 10 days "knocked" me good...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom