DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FLORIDA DRONE SUPPLY PILOT NETWORK

DarrylD

Reactions
All,

Have anyone ever had any experience working with or even networking with (FLORIDA DRONE SUPPLY PILOT NETWORK)? I was contacted from my LinkedIn page.

Thanks,

Darryl D

When I spoke with them regarding their pilot network. They mentioned they have hundreds of cell tower inspection opportunity, very expensive equipment needed and a 4-day training cost of $1,200. Pilots has anyone worked with this Network?

I am very familiar with them. As I winter in SW Florida I often visit their store in Fort Myers. Over the past three winters I have seen many students attending class there for the cell tower inspection work. And not just students — pilots who have nearby jobs in other cities who come in after their completed assignments.

My opinion is they are for real and have more jobs available around the nation than they have pilots available. It becomes an attractive option to hire Florida Drone Supply on tower inspections than to have full-time staff on the phone providers’ payroll. I asked about the demand and why there was so much business. They state it is because the carriers are checking to see if the present towers have enough space to install 5 G facilities.

I am not 107 licensed... nor do I desire to be. The students who come for certification already have their 107 paperwork in order before coming there. One who takes an assignment has to be willing to travel quite a bit and live out of a suitcase!

Last bit of personal knowledge: they are growing both their facilities and staff due to their workload. It has been fun to see them grow in such a relatively short time. I lastly can say they are great people and they never seem to tire in answering my rudimentary questions.

Most of their pilots fly Phantom Pros or the Mavic 2 Pro. The resolution has to be sufficiently good enough to show the fine detail of the cell tower superstructure. The M2Z will not suffice. A few pilots I have seen with Inspire 1 or 2’s.

Where is the link

Where is the link

I think it's here:

@Florida Drone Supply is a legit and the REAL DEAL!

Their only drawback is they are ranked with the no-so-real Fly By Night networking scams simply because of the nature of the business.

Some people don't like that they have to PAY to get training to go to work but that's SOP unless you work for a big Corp that pays you to get trained.

@Florida Drone Supply is a top notch and reputable company.

Allen

All Mavic Pilots,
I truly appreciate everyone for taking the time out of their busy schedule to respond the post. You all are awesome...
Thanks again.

Greetings everyone. I am a few days behind on this thread as I was in Chicago at the AUVSI Xponential convention. Thanks everyone for chiming in on our behalf.

Over the past couple years we have gotten very involved in the cell tower inspections happening around the country. We do the data collection for a large data company that is contracted directly by nearly every major carrier. They do not have pilots, but they do all of the data hosting, analytics and 3D modeling. We are required to fly specific sensors and specific flight patterns.

The end of last year and the first quarter of this year have put us in CA, CO, NM, TX, FL, NC, SC, AL, GA, TN, MA, NH, DE, RI and we have 3 or 4 new states on the horizon. In about 1 week we begin a new contract around Dallas, TX and then expect to be in LA and MS.

The data company told us a couple weeks ago that we literally have thousands of towers in the queue...we generally get them in groups of 200-500.

It does take about a week to train and this year they have added on a new piece of technology to the profile. They have begun having us do 3D scans of all of the interiors where the main electronics are (inside small buildings at the base of the tower). Training covers the basics (PPE, Safety, Emergencies, etc), the flight profile, the data packaging, the security access to the site and into the equipment rooms, carrier equipment identification, the handheld camera and tripod we use if we can not fly the tower (airspace and other reasons) and much more.

20MP sensor is required - which made the Mavic 2 Pro a great aircraft to use. Many fly P4P and some fly Inspire 2 or Matrice.

Initially we were endeavored to train the local pilots for the areas we were going to be working in but the timing to get people trained compared to when the contracts were signed made that difficult to make work because we were always in such a rush to get people ready in time to meet our deadlines.

Now, we are having the most success with people who are willing to travel either regionally or nationally to the towers and can keep those pilots much more active then if they were waiting for the work to come to their area.

5G upgrades will keep these inspections necessary and a top priority for quite some time.

If this sounds like it is something you are interested in, please reach out to us...we very much appreciate all the pilots on these forums.

Thanks!

Here is the most direct way to get registered with us: FLORIDA DRONE SUPPLY PILOT NETWORK REGISTRATION

And anyone who has registered recently but has not been contacted by us will be called this week to discuss your interests (we do more than just cell phone towers).

Reactions: RTKD and BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147