DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Florida Pilots - Hurricane Dorian

Florida Drone Supply

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Hey Florida Pilots,

Just a reminder to fly safely after the storm and not to interfere with any post-disaster operations. If you're not authorized to fly in the area during that time, you could be subject to a hefty fine, especially if you're interfering with any emergency response operations.

With that being said, how are our Florida pilots doing? We hope you are taking precautions and remain safe for the storm. Dorian will likely (and hopefully) not be an issue if/when it reaches our area (Southwest Florida).

Hey Florida Pilots,

Just a reminder to fly safely after the storm and not to interfere with any post-disaster operations. If you're not authorized to fly in the area during that time, you could be subject to a hefty fine, especially if you're interfering with any emergency response operations.

With that being said, how are our Florida pilots doing? We hope you are taking precautions and remain safe for the storm. Dorian will likely (and hopefully) not be an issue if/when it reaches our area (Southwest Florida).

Thanks for the PSA reminder. I'm in SWFL as well. I'm a part 107 holder. If someone like myself would like to help out in a legal manner (and/or make money doing insurance claim inspections post hurricane), do you have any advice as to how to go about this?

Thanks.

If you are in the path of the hurricane, now is the best time to charge all your batteries. You can use them as extra battery storage to charge your phone if your power goes out. You will need a
USB Battery to Power Bank Adapter.

Attachments

• medium_fe67631f-d4c6-4dcd-aa82-e3adfa9b23cf.jpg
    medium_fe67631f-d4c6-4dcd-aa82-e3adfa9b23cf.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 11
If you are in the path of the hurricane, now is the best time to charge all your batteries. You can use them as extra battery storage to charge your phone if your power goes out. You will need a
USB Battery to Power Bank Adapter.
Great advice @Jheller turning your drone batteries into power banks definitely comes in handy for situations like these!

Reactions: David243121
Things we do here:
  • When we lose power, I turn my work computer off and use the UPS to recharge phones and stuff. It'll recharge the phones and tablets a LOT of times (and power small 120V stuff too).
  • I have a RavPower LiPoly battery pack that I keep charged and will recharge everything a bunch of times.
  • I have one of those large foldable solar panels. Unfold, put in sun, it'll charge everything right from the sun.
  • Many years ago I replaced all the flashlights and radios and such with ones that only take AA batteries. We always have AA batteries around, and when the hurricane season comes we stock up. We will use them anyway. I made this change one year after throwing away a bunch of dead lantern batteries, large dead packs of C and Ds.
  • I have an empty sanke (15.5 gallon) keg that I fill from the faucet, and pressurize with CO2, just in case water goes out for a few days.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22