DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flown over from Phantom Forum - now an Air owner

abermarc

Reactions
As per title, for a long time I've owned a P2 V+ but have just upgraded to an air. Main reason for upgarde for me is purely portability. I travel a lot and being abel to whip out the Air quickly and get it up in the air will be a huge bbenefit over the PS which has its own rucksack and needs props winding on and so on each time.

Now I know there are clearly many, many differences, improvements, enhancements to the Air over the P2.

But before first flight tomorrow I wondered if anyone had any top tips I should keep at the forefront of my mind on my Air's maiden flight??

Also, I'd got into the habit of calibrating my P2 before every single flight. I'm led to believe the Air is much cleverer and will actually tell me when it needs calibrating. is that right?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

before first flight tomorrow I wondered if anyone had any top tips I should keep at the forefront of my mind on my Air's maiden flight?
Here are some items you might find useful:

I'm led to believe the Air is much cleverer and will actually tell me when it needs calibrating. is that right?
If you're referring to calibrating the compass, you can find the best known practices in the Mavic Compass Calibration Guide.

As per title, for a long time I've owned a P2 V+ but have just upgraded to an air. Main reason for upgarde for me is purely portability. I travel a lot and being abel to whip out the Air quickly and get it up in the air will be a huge bbenefit over the PS which has its own rucksack and needs props winding on and so on each time.

Now I know there are clearly many, many differences, improvements, enhancements to the Air over the P2.

But before first flight tomorrow I wondered if anyone had any top tips I should keep at the forefront of my mind on my Air's maiden flight??

Also, I'd got into the habit of calibrating my P2 before every single flight. I'm led to believe the Air is much cleverer and will actually tell me when it needs calibrating. is that right?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome.

Yes, the Air will tell you when it needs calibrating. For me it happens whenever I fly more than 10-20(?) miles away from my last location.

You are an experienced pilot, but definitely take care to set your RTH altitude for each flight. If you travel a lot as I do, you may experience aircraft disconnecting from the controller due to interference on the WiFi channel.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000