DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fluidity FT Aviator Feedback

Helllo DW,

Wow! I like your car front seat setup, looks natural kind of something from the future.

Appreciate the information setting up the controller to reach in emergency’s, after flying with the Sky Controller setup today I’m going to scrap this and not use it anymore. It’s almost impossible to reach the camera tilt, plus around the neck shoulder scrap feels kind of outwardly.

So I’m sticking with my lawn chair setup, remounted the FT Aviator handle lower. Feels natural with the handle a bit lower on the front end, my arm relaxes in this position with no strain throughout wrist to elbow, very comfortable for long periods. My arm rest over the side of arm rest, hand grips the handle.

Plus, following your instructions I’ve made it so the controller disconnects from tripod in seconds Incase of disconnect. Can quickly take over the controller, appreciate the helpful information.

Here’s my setup, will probably stick with this one only.

Thanks again,
Paul

B527A9A7-9FFA-4EC0-A252-243DB8FC5DAF.jpegD53692EB-9798-408E-94ED-27C0E9E4DB3D.jpegB31C0D27-DC55-48FF-9082-0A495D71F8CD.jpeg

@ Paul.
Just saw the back/front of your rig. Remember you need to get to the DJI joystick themselves when the FT controller goes down. And it will, sorry to say. you might want to mount the DJI controller itself outward instead of up. so you can get to the sticks when needed. just to be on the safe side.. Just did another setup. From my car which is the way, I like to fly most of the time with just a stock DJI controller and a 3 ft USB cable to the 10.5-inch screen.until I got this. I can't believe they build a joystick holder in my car.

Got the FT Aviator and used it for first time yesterday. I found it to be bulky, difficult to hold, fly AND manage camera settings all at the same time. The functions/movement was relatively smooth and granted, was only my first time using it. I do not like that I have to also have the Mavic controller tethered to the FT system and hanging from my neck. At one point, the FT controller disconnected leaving my Mavic 2 hanging mid air while I was trying to figure out how to regain control of the Mavic. I was finally able to use the Mavic controller to bring it back to the ground. I spend a lot of time searching the fluid.tech site for more tutorials in order to learn how to use it better but found the available "tutorials" to be limited, few, and lacking in helpful information. They seemed to be more "marketing" videos than detailed, actual tutorials. Maybe it's just because I am used to the original controller, but I put the FT Aviator away and had much more comfort (and fun!) using the Mavic stock controller. I am going to sell the FT Aviator controller after one use as I don't want to go through the "learning curve" and risk my Mavic disconnecting from a controller that definitely needs much practice time. I figure selling it with only one time use is more valuable for re-sale than if I use it for a long period of time and then try to sell it. I just don't want to risk the Mavic 2 in the hope of becoming comfortable with a controller I found to be uncomfortable, bulky, and less intuitive than I had hoped for.

Sorry to hear the FT Aviator won’t work for you, I understand yeah I myself don’t care using it with the handle by itself.

What I’m doing to experimenting with different tripod setups, stand type or sitting on a lawn chair. Here’s one I tossed together this morning, simple and using the phone attachment fabricated to use an iPad. Had to temporarily attach a pole to secure iPad bracket.

I’m on a mission to learn this neat gadget, and enjoying it more with each flight.

Overall, I like it and perfer using the FT Aviator with one hand. Lots of different types setups out there from FT Aviator users. Just go over this thread, give it another chance and try out one of the tripod setups.

Happy flying,

Paul

05B28ED6-04E5-4C2E-9F47-C72578580BCA.jpegF3AAE046-65D2-4741-9DC5-CE7722369FD5.jpeg

QUOTE="Firenginedriver, post: 818454, member: 66649"]
Got the FT Aviator and used it for first time yesterday. I found it to be bulky, difficult to hold, fly AND manage camera settings all at the same time. The functions/movement was relatively smooth and granted, was only my first time using it. I do not like that I have to also have the Mavic controller tethered to the FT system and hanging from my neck. At one point, the FT controller disconnected leaving my Mavic 2 hanging mid air while I was trying to figure out how to regain control of the Mavic. I was finally able to use the Mavic controller to bring it back to the ground. I spend a lot of time searching the fluid.tech site for more tutorials in order to learn how to use it better but found the available "tutorials" to be limited, few, and lacking in helpful information. They seemed to be more "marketing" videos than detailed, actual tutorials. Maybe it's just because I am used to the original controller, but I put the FT Aviator away and had much more comfort (and fun!) using the Mavic stock controller. I am going to sell the FT Aviator controller after one use as I don't want to go through the "learning curve" and risk my Mavic disconnecting from a controller that definitely needs much practice time. I figure selling it with only one time use is more valuable for re-sale than if I use it for a long period of time and then try to sell it. I just don't want to risk the Mavic 2 in the hope of becoming comfortable with a controller I found to be uncomfortable, bulky, and less intuitive than I had hoped for.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear the FT Aviator won’t work for you, I understand yeah I myself don’t care using it with the handle by itself.

What I’m doing to experimenting with different tripod setups, stand type or sitting on a lawn chair. Here’s one I tossed together this morning, simple and using the phone attachment fabricated to use an iPad. Had to temporarily attach a pole to secure iPad bracket.

I’m on a mission to learn this neat gadget, and enjoying it more with each flight.

Overall, I like it and perfer using the FT Aviator with one hand. Lots of different types setups out there from FT Aviator users. Just go over this thread, give it another chance and try out one of the tripod setups.

Happy flying,

Paul

View attachment 80794View attachment 80795

[/QUOTE]

you said The FT controller disconnected leaving your Mavic 2 hanging mid-air while you were trying to figure out how to regain control of the Mavic.
I have been testing 4 different Mavics with the FT for the last few days. The controller disconnected a few times on me too. you just need to plan what you need to do( NOT IF but WHEN) it happens. is no big deal. The first time it happened to me I could not get it to come down @ 300ft. I switched to sport mode with the switch on the right side of the DJI controller to take control of the DJI stick. I watched a lot of videos on this unit and knew what I had to do if it happened. after my testing so far, I found it is best to use the icon on the screen itself to switch between controllers instead of using the spot switch on the side. FT It tells you to turn off the downward sensors. I never do that. But if you don't when landing it will just hover at 4 ft and you will not be able to land it. The easiest way I found was to click on the DJI remote icon on the screen. then you can just pull down the left stick and land. I also found I was able to control tilt, zoom, aperture from the DJI controller itself while flying using the FT. I am working with 4 birds. Pro, Zoom and so on. The last 3 flights today, I switch between DJI and FT controllers while flying using only the icon on the screen every 3 minutes back and forth just to know what to do. without panicking. The last flight of the day today. I used the FT app and turned on but not connected to the FT controller. I went to go fly and took off using the DJI left control stick. Then I click on the FT controller icon on the screen while in mid-air and it switches over fast like a light switch to FT. I switch back to DJI control to land it if downward sensors are on.
I hear you are going to sell it. You should give it another try. it's just new to you give it a little more time. I have been just testing and flying to get a better feel of the FT.it will take time because it's new. It should not take long. It does need a little work. I was able to control it as soon as I used it. But after dozen-plus batteries. I am able to baby the stick for yawning somewhat smooth for fun flying only at this point. But no one should have to work that hard. Hope they get the update out soon. But on the other hand. Orbiting will be a breeze even one-handed. just bank and yaw until you hit the sweet spot. just hold it there, not moving the handle at all until it goes all the way around. It's just a new toy you have to play with a bit to understand. At this price range, it should come with some type of video file on every model it supports and every single thing on it.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

Happy flying,

Paul

View attachment 80794View attachment 80795

[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply and the pictures! Looks like you have a functional setup. I may play with it a bit more but don't have the time or desire to work that hard at getting something this pricey to work properly. Again, I guess I expected something a bit more refined and intuitive. I am disappointed but may give it another try. Thank you for the input. It is much appreciated! (I'm fairly new at posting on this forum and not sure I'm even "replying" correctly or to the right person! Hope this works! Guess there is a learning curve to all of these things that I have to learn!) Thanks again!
dean

Last edited:
FWIW, in my original "beta" testing back in July I was advised to turn off downward sensors on my Mavic to land. Since that time Fluidity has issued two software updates, one of which addressed the landing issue. I now dont have to switch controllers to come to a full stop landing.

Jake

FWIW, in my original "beta" testing back in July I was advised to turn off downward sensors on my Mavic to land. Since that time Fluidity has issued two software updates, one of which addressed the landing issue. I now dont have to switch controllers to come to a full stop landing.

Jake
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me how to access the firmware updates? Are they on the website, because I didn't see anything when I was looking for some tutorials. Thanks,
dean

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me how to access the firmware updates? Are they on the website, because I didn't see anything when I was looking for some tutorials. Thanks,
dean
Not at home to verify but I recall when I fired up the Fluidity software on my iPad it notified me of an update.
Hope this helps.
Jake

Hello Dean,

Thanks for the reply and that’s good news you’re willing to play with the Aviator setup.

To be honest, to get the most out of the FT Aviator it’s best to mount the handle onto a tripod or chair. I’m having so much fun using the lawn chair setup. After a few flights, it all fell together and now flying with the FT Aviator is all I want to do. Can see mastering the handle is coming together sooner than I had expected, I’m already doing figure eights. Tight maneuvering at low elevation (below 10” feet), with true one handle operation.

I hope you continue to use the FT Aviator, and for the price it’s really a steal. Just get a setup going so it’s truly one hand operational. You eventually look pass it’s short comings, and be determined to master it.

All the best,
PaulC0673638-63D3-480B-B731-369F55D904D7.jpeg08D91F55-62A5-4C03-A810-5147C79FB3D9.jpeg

Thanks for the reply and the pictures! Looks like you have a functional setup. I may play with it a bit more but don't have the time or desire to work that hard at getting something this pricey to work properly. Again, I guess I expected something a bit more refined and intuitive. I am disappointed but may give it another try. Thank you for the input. It is much appreciated! (I'm fairly new at posting on this forum and not sure I'm even "replying" correctly or to the right person! Hope this works! Guess there is a learning curve to all of these things that I have to learn!) Thanks again!
dean
[/QUOTE]

Hi All,
There are some issues with the controller for sure. I have had the controller for a few days testing with a few drones. Made a few things to make it work better for me. But I had little to no faith in it. so I stayed near and low to the ground for the first few days. All the negative videos did not help. felt like something from Hubsun toy drone. I did not like the first time I saw the way it stumbling forward no matter how you adjust it. on some of the flights up close. you don't see it in the camera view or video footages. Really hard to get a smooth tilt up and down. Not to mention the biggest problem. the sticky yaw movement at the start. it needs to be dummy down the center yaw. I tried to find all the good and the bad of the unit. So I wonder how much control do I really have on the DJI controller while using the FT? So I tested it today flying from my car setup at a race track that was just closed for the season. From the starting gate to the finish line. I hated the tilt on the FT controller even after the so call adjustment setting. In all my set up things are close together. Which allows me to turn the dial on the tilt wheel on the DJI controller. Not knowing if it would work? A warm feeling comes over me. When I saw the screen moving up and down which allows me to use DJI wheels for, tilt. zoom, aperture and so on. The 5-way switch on top of the DJI controller does not work when using the FT. C1 and C2 also does not work with FT. I got the aperture adjustment for the Pro and got the zoom to work too. Digital zoom for Mavic1 did not work. I have to write down next time what works for each craft with the FT controller. So for the first time today after getting and testing this I went out flying beyond LOS to test it. But I was ready to switch back to the DJI controller if something went wrong. After 4 batteries testing a few crafts. I can say I enjoy it, more than I thought I would. No other problem other then what we know. Using the FT for longer flights getting to know the stick more and more each time. Flying around the track a few times took no thought and even less action. I can't see flying any way now in my car other than using the FT. I can get used to this really easy especially for the car set-up. My 10.5 iPad screen works great over the steering wheel. I can adjust the way I want it because my steering wheel is fully adjustable. It would be uncomfortable for me to use both hands flying the FT controller in my car. But my car set-up one hand flying is by far the best way for me. Now, if FT would work on their end. I think I will be getting more use out of FT controller than my new smart controller that I used only a few times. The SC screen is very bright but it's small and it's not needed in the car when flying nor a sun hood. Besides I like a bigger screen to work with. So Don't give up all. Just give it a little time.

Safe Flying

file7.jpg

Hi All,
There are some issues with the controller for sure. I have had the controller for a few days testing with a few drones. Made a few things to make it work better for me. But I had little to no faith in it. so I stayed near and low to the ground for the first few days. All the negative videos did not help. felt like something from Hubsun toy drone. I did not like the first time I saw the way it stumbling forward no matter how you adjust it. on some of the flights up close. you don't see it in the camera view or video footages. Really hard to get a smooth tilt up and down. Not to mention the biggest problem. the sticky yaw movement at the start. it needs to be dummy down the center yaw. I tried to find all the good and the bad of the unit. So I wonder how much control do I really have on the DJI controller while using the FT? So I tested it today flying from my car setup at a race track that was just closed for the season. From the starting gate to the finish line. I hated the tilt on the FT controller even after the so call adjustment setting. In all my set up things are close together. Which allows me to turn the dial on the tilt wheel on the DJI controller. Not knowing if it would work? A warm feeling comes over me. When I saw the screen moving up and down which allows me to use DJI wheels for, tilt. zoom, aperture and so on. The 5-way switch on top of the DJI controller does not work when using the FT. C1 and C2 also does not work with FT. I got the aperture adjustment for the Pro and got the zoom to work too. Digital zoom for Mavic1 did not work. I have to write down next time what works for each craft with the FT controller. So for the first time today after getting and testing this I went out flying beyond LOS to test it. But I was ready to switch back to the DJI controller if something went wrong. After 4 batteries testing a few crafts. I can say I enjoy it, more than I thought I would. No other problem other then what we know. Using the FT for longer flights getting to know the stick more and more each time. Flying around the track a few times took no thought and even less action. I can't see flying any way now in my car other than using the FT. I can get used to this really easy especially for the car set-up. My 10.5 iPad screen works great over the steering wheel. I can adjust the way I want it because my steering wheel is fully adjustable. It would be uncomfortable for me to use both hands flying the FT controller in my car. But my car set-up one hand flying is by far the best way for me. Now, if FT would work on their end. I think I will be getting more use out of FT controller than my new smart controller that I used only a few times. The SC screen is very bright but it's small and it's not needed in the car when flying nor a sun hood. Besides I like a bigger screen to work with. So Don't give up all. Just give it a little time.

Safe Flying

View attachment 80903
Okay . . . I gotta ask . . . How in the hell did you get your FT set up in your car that way??? That looks like the car was made for the FT controller!! Amazing!! Simply amazing! I was trying to visualize how I could work the FT in my F150 and then saw your photo of your set up! That just blows me away!! I still haven't had time to break mine back out and others have strongly suggested I use some kind of a tripod set up for one hand use of the controller. I have had a hard time trying to visualize how I could make something like that work. But YOU . . . You have a set up that looks "built in" to your vehicle! How did you do that??? What kind of vehicle is it? (I may have to go buy a new vehicle like yours just to control my drone!! Hahahaaaaa!!)
Thanks for your detailed rundown of the testing you are doing. Maybe I can learn something that will give me hope I haven't wasted my money of this FT controller!!
Thanks,
dean

Okay . . . I gotta ask . . . How in the hell did you get your FT set up in your car that way??? That looks like the car was made for the FT controller!! Amazing!! Simply amazing! I was trying to visualize how I could work the FT in my F150 and then saw your photo of your set up! That just blows me away!! I still haven't had time to break mine back out and others have strongly suggested I use some kind of a tripod set up for one hand use of the controller. I have had a hard time trying to visualize how I could make something like that work. But YOU . . . You have a set up that looks "built in" to your vehicle! How did you do that??? What kind of vehicle is it? (I may have to go buy a new vehicle like yours just to control my drone!! Hahahaaaaa!!)
Thanks for your detailed rundown of the testing you are doing. Maybe I can learn something that will give me hope I haven't wasted my money of this FT controller!!
Thanks,
dean
Thanks,
dean
@ Dean
The first thing to learn with this controller is to plan for failure. Not if but when. If you know is going to happen and know what to do at that time is the key. I force myself to fly with the FT and then switch to DJI controller every few minutes. I land with FT and the next with DJI stick. I don't turn any of my sensors off for landing. If all else fail, press RTH on the( device screen )or Sport Mode on DJI controller to take control or shut down the RC and it should RTH. This thing needs a bit of help to steady the base. I get it, the spring has to be stiff to return the stick back to the center. but it also affects the bank and yaw. It is what it is. I try to make the best out of it. Hoping they will have an update to fix some of these issues.
Your f 150 has a cup holder with 2 cups holes. If you mount it there it will be too far to the left for you to fly comfortably. just make or buy an insert that fits TIGHT in it. Mount a piece of wood shaped like an L to that. drill where you want your FT. Which should be right behind your shifter after you put your car in park. Find the sweet spot. The short part of the L facing you is where you mount your FT. a few photos to get you thinking. And other stuff I am trying for my car rig. Just take your time and make sure you have it at the right place before mounting the FT. I made a slot so I can adjust it where I want it if I change my mind. first one is for you to think about for the F 150 and your set up. you will appreciate it when it starts to get colder.

Safe Flying

template.jpegcar-2.jpgfile2-1.jpegcar-4.jpgfile6.jpegcar-6.jpgfile-14.jpegfile1-8.jpegfile1-7.jpgcar-ft-s.jpg

@ Dean
The first thing to learn with this controller is to plan for failure. Not if but when. If you know is going to happen and know what to do at that time is the key. I force myself to fly with the FT and then switch to DJI controller every few minutes. I land with FT and the next with DJI stick. I don't turn any of my sensors off for landing. If all else fail, press RTH on the( device screen )or Sport Mode on DJI controller to take control or shut down the RC and it should RTH. This thing needs a bit of help to steady the base. I get it, the spring has to be stiff to return the stick back to the center. but it also affects the bank and yaw. It is what it is. I try to make the best out of it. Hoping they will have an update to fix some of these issues.
Your f 150 has a cup holder with 2 cups holes. If you mount it there it will be too far to the left for you to fly comfortably. just make or buy an insert that fits TIGHT in it. Mount a piece of wood shaped like an L to that. drill where you want your FT. Which should be right behind your shifter after you put your car in park. Find the sweet spot. The short part of the L facing you is where you mount your FT. a few photos to get you thinking. And other stuff I am trying for my car rig. Just take your time and make sure you have it at the right place before mounting the FT. I made a slot so I can adjust it where I want it if I change my mind. first one is for you to think about for the F 150 and your set up. you will appreciate it when it starts to get colder.

Safe Flying

View attachment 80979View attachment 80980View attachment 80982View attachment 80983View attachment 80984View attachment 80986View attachment 80987View attachment 80988View attachment 80989View attachment 80990
Thank you very much for the input and photos to get me started. I really appreciate you taking time to respond and try to help a newbie out! Best wishes,
dean

Hi Everyone! First post, but have been reading Mavic Pilots for quite a while now. I pre-ordered the FT Aviator the first day I found out about it in mid-March of this year. Received mine on August 6th. Flew my new M2Z with it yesterday (3rd flight ever for the M2Z, but I also own an Inspire 1 that I picked up in November of last year). I was hoping the FT Aviator would be half as good as the initial videos, and had seen that Ken Heron review the day I got the email from Fluidity that confirmed mine was being shipped, and noticed that Ken's video review was the only one where a unit misbehaved like that. But I'm happy to report that mine worked great right out of the box. Was easy to setup and connect, and, for me at least as a new pilot whose main interest in drones is that they're flying tripods, it's WAY easier to fly and get the shots I'm after. Extremely intuitive. I can fly with my right hand controlling everything with the stick and rock the camera toggle on the nose of the FT Aviator with the index finger of my left hand and keep the shot framed like I want. It's going to take a little practice and I'm heading out to do exactly that when I finish writing this, but even my first time was buttery smooth. Will post a little of yesterday's flight practice, once I get it off the SD card and figure out how and where to upload so the forum can see it.

As for Ken's review, I agree with him and he's one of my favorite and most trusted info sources. If I'd gotten the pretty obviously haywire Aviator, I couldn't have recommended it either. But I have had none of those problems and the control is extremely smooth, even for a newbie pilot like me. It connects via bluetooth so you have a lot of freedom to move and I never got out of range. Much more testing and R&D to do yet, but I could not possibly be happier with my FT Aviator. I'm about to look at the footage I shot yesterday while flying in a big open warehouse at Dallas Makerspace, where I'm a member. The manual advises to fly outside, primarily because the situational awareness functionality of the Aviator needs the GPS sats, but it's up over 100 degrees here in DFW and that warehouse is air-conditioned. ;) I can confirm that it worked perfectly indoors and several of the other members came out to watch me try it for the first time. No issues. One of the guys had never flown quads before and asked to try it (gulp!). I had the M2 RC in hand just in case, and I had in turtle mode the entire time, but the guy flew really well and wasn't intimidated by the control. It really is a very different, and for me much better way to control drones. Your mileage, of course, may vary.

The build quality and function of mine is top notch. It's not heavy at all. Very light and the controls are where you'd want them to be. But rather than just hold it unsupported, I decided that I preferred to have it anchored to a ball head on a video tripod set at the perfect height and position for me, and that works very well. It's really comfortable. I"m designing and building a kind of control station for my rig that has a platform on the tripod just below where the FT Aviator is mounted to the top to keep my RCs and phone, and the Movieros (I'll be using my Moviero BT35E AR glasses, just as soon as I can figure out how to integrate them into the signal path), to keep the devices and cables tidy and accessible. Will post photos and specs if it works as well as the initial flight yesterday with just the FT Aviator on the tripod.

For pilots who are already skilled and have the muscle memory and experience to fly really well, I'm not sure the FT Aviator would result in better shots. But for a guy like me, who has always found the two-stick RC completely un-intuitive (I have relentlessly crashed every single RC airplane and little drone I ever owned), this thing is awesome. It's very much like my HOTAS rig for my Oculus Rift that I use for Elite Dangerous, and very comfortable and my brain mapped to the controls very quickly. I definitely prefer the control I get with the stick.

Lots to learn yet, but so far I really like it, and I'm very glad I ordered it. It's definitely going to help make my shots look a whole lot better.

Sorry for the novel, but I'm pretty excited about this thing.
Would something like this help? I use this with my P4P which helps when I’m flying hours at a time which allows hands free at times reduces fatigue. I could see you mounting the stick to it maybe.

Thank you very much for the input and photos to get me started. I really appreciate you taking time to respond and try to help a newbie out! Best wishes,
dean
No need to thank me. We are all here to get something. Hopefully, it's info that inspires us to do things to enjoy ourself. It can be pissing against the wind sometimes in here when you are a so-called newbie. Don't be fearful of asking. Anyone that just enjoys the hobby without an ego will reply. I only come in a few times a year to see when thing are shipping out or see what's new in the Mod world. Love to build stuff!

Safe Flying

Well, I received my FT Aviator and have had my M2Z up several times with it; so I thought I'd give my 2 cents.

I would like to see a more fully featured App. The FTA is not heavy. It is, however, one more thing to connect and charge, but tethering the DJI controller around my neck is not a big deal to me. There have also been some very fine options for connection already listed within this thread.

If you are an accomplished pilot with the regular controller, you obviously don't need to purchase the FT Aviator. The only reason an expert might buy one would be purely for the fun factor, which I found to be high. I also like the Situational Awareness display that shows the relative position of the drone and which way it is turned.

If one actually follows the Instruction and Quick Start guides, you should have no problem setting it up and operating it. It is amazing to me how some people have spent many hours becoming proficient using a two stick controller and then complain with only a couple of hours behind the stick of the FT Aviator that they're not as proficient. Really?

New users who have little to know experience with game controllers will find the FT Aviator very intuitive compared to mastering a DJI Controller. However, operating it with finesse still takes practice. I did, however, find myself able to do subject focused orbits fairly easily in just a few minutes. YMMV. Any cinematic footage taken with a DJI Controller should be able to be matched with the FT Aviator. This is much more easily done with the Sensitivity Dial set to 1 or 2. So speed to your destination at a 4 or 5 and then dial it back to 3 or less for your serious video work.

On YouTube the bulk of the reviewers showed us the FT Aviator right out of the box and started critiquing it with little to no time spent using it. The reviewers who had hours behind the FT Aviator in general liked it along with making some reasonable recommendations. Fluidity has already addressed some of those concerns in a very recent firmware update. I am sure the FT Aviator will become an even more refined product in the future.

This controller will have great appeal with Law Enforcement, Emergency Services and Search and Rescue services where employees have never flown a drone before. It will be the choice of many disabled persons and if the FT Aviator continues its refinements and becomes available on other manufacturers' drones, it will become the choice of new users who have never mastered a two stick controller. If Fluidity can one day actually replace the original controller, in my opinion, it will become the controller of choice. We've come a long way since the Wright Brothers 1903 Flyer and the rotary dial phone. The FT Aviator will be no different except it (or products like it) will evolve in far less time.

Again, if you're already very good at operating the DJI Controller, there is no reason to own the FT Aviator unless you just like trying out new equipment and financially it is not a burden. There is no reason to be an early adopter unless you want to be. I didn't mind being one, so I am. It is fun to use and I really like it. When Fluidity allows me to actually use the zoom feature on my Mavic 2, I'll like it even more.

My dad used to say, "Different strokes for different folks." If the FT Aviator doesn't fit your world, no harm and no foul. But if it works for someone else.... ;)

I installed the latest update yesterday, and went flying today. I was VERY PLEASED with the update! When I set sensitivity to 1, everything is buttery smooth and slow and safe. Even the YAW, which was my main gripe. As I increase the settings, 2 through 5, all controls become increasingly sensitive. As it should be. KUDOS to the FT Aviator team for getting it right!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000