DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fluidity FT Aviator

I thought I'd put up $25 or so, not expecting any kind of break when they're released. But $225 minimum? Count me out. If they live up to their hype, I may end up buying one.

...at a retail price of 450!
Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I guess...

To me, this looks like a serious piece of hardware. I admit I jumped at the chance of getting it at half price (but then I never could resist the temptation of a cool new toy )

Being someone who blew out his phone charging it accidentally with a speaker charger, I don't trust any brick that isn't provided with the device!

I see your point....

I recently got multi-port USB chargers from Anker and now charge all my deviced with it (including DJI equipment and iPhones) with no problem whatsoever.

One more question...it says 5 hr battery life...I assume this is a rechargeable battery. The in-the-box doesn't include a charger. What is the expectation?

StanTGM has it right. The battery is recharged via USB, and it can even be flown while connected to a power source.

Thanks Scott...it seems that if you just take the adapter you have and allow the holder part to swivel 90 degrees, you'd accommodate the Moverio unit with ease. It's just a Portrait-oriented trackpad...so it can't be held landscape like a phone would. You would just need to rotate it so that it's oriented north south on the same plane as the phone would be, so that the trackpad orients properly. If your plastic holder allowed the phone mount to be spun 90, it would likely work.

The "Murse" idea sounds a bit kludgy...perhaps a lightweight, but rigid holder that not only connects to a lanyard, but maybe also to your belt? That would stop it from rocking forward. I attached Command strips and hooks to the back of my Titan amplifier and then hook a lanyard to those...that works great for the unit when you're holding the controller. Maybe something like that would work with your lanyard(s).

If you need a guinea pig, I'd volunteer.

- Gary

Thanks very much, gimphoto. Good human factors inputs. We would welcome the chance to dialog with you on Moverio and Titan as we go forward. You're based in NY? NYC? If we end up doing some media or a flight demo out your way we'll take you up on your kind offer...

Thanks very much, gimphoto. Good human factors inputs. We would welcome the chance to dialog with you on Moverio and Titan as we go forward. You're based in NY? NYC? If we end up doing some media or a flight demo out your way we'll take you up on your kind offer...
Absolutely! I live 30 mins north of NYC in the White Plains area. I'm in NYC virtually every workday as well. Let me know!

Well, heck. I threw my benjamins on the fire too! :) Here's hoping it makes it to market and that I get to try it out!

Reactions: ScottAV8R
I bought one for $225, looks absolutely awesome and something I may use or will be able to get my girls a try. I have been apart of over 100 Kickstarter products and only 2 or 3 still haven’t delivered yet. Looks like some pretty smart guys envolved with project, so I super excited

Reactions: ScottAV8R
Maybe just me, but it appears to be difficult to hold. I think I'll stay with what I have.

Have a DJI CrystalSky 5.5 monitor, really like to get this. Any chance of the mount will work with this.

Hi BlueSkyDay,

We've been looking into compatibility with the Crystal Sky, and sadly it doesn't look like we'll be able to communicate with it, given it doesn't have Bluetooth connectivity. We're actively looking into other strategies to use this wonderful display, but we won't be able to offer it at product launch. That said, we have been prototyping mounts for iPads and other larger format displays. The FT Aviator will release with a smartphone holder, but we aim to have a larger mount available by the end of the first quarter of 2019.

Maybe just me, but it appears to be difficult to hold. I think I'll stay with what I have.

Fair enough, but we can tell you that the form factor went through extensive human factors testing, and pilots of varying hand sizes love the grip and comfort of the FT Aviator. Moreover, the control features on the joystick and base (for camera controls) were designed for comfort and ease of use. Hopefully you'll get a chance to try it out sometime.

Enjoy the skies,
Scott

I bought one for $225, looks absolutely awesome and something I may use or will be able to get my girls a try. I have been apart of over 100 Kickstarter products and only 2 or 3 still haven’t delivered yet. Looks like some pretty smart guys envolved with project, so I super excited

Thrilled to have you onboard with us! I'm sure both you and your girls will love flying the FT Aviator!

Here's hoping that there really is a solution for using the stick with the Moverios, especially seeing how at the :30 mark on the promo video it shows a guy donning them implying that they will work (even though I see no control unit nor an HDMI-out capable phone...if the BT-350s were in use). ;-)

So it looks like this is really an advanced joystick used to control drones with the same movements an astronaut might use to control an external robotic arm on the ISS. But biggest caveat to me is that it can't fly a Mavic without having a connection to our standard Mavic controller. So in order to fly with it, you need all three items: The joystick, DJI Controller and your mobile/tablet device. Seems a bit awkward to me to have to have all 3.

Your thoughts?
Its nice, yet another thing to pack with you, and chargers, headset, resources. I like to hick and take off from anywhere. Mavic Platinum is my favorite. In a pinch, light waight , fast to get into the air, stable. But good luck to them.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000