DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fluidity FT Aviator

As long as you mount it on something - a tripod, etc - I think it’ll be game changing.

Once mine arrives, I want to try it mounted on a MavMount. See how stable it sits.

But from a control perspective? Totally natural. It feels great - way more intuitive than dual stick controls for sure.

How about if a person has only control of his right hand and is in a wheelchair? Do you think you can mount it to something like a piece of plywood and keep it on your lap? Can you control all functions, cyclic and collective, with one hand?

Last edited:
Reactions: dmurphynj
How about if a person is in a wheelchair and mount it to something like a piece of plywood and keep it on your lap? Can you control all functions, cyclic and collective, with one hand?

Yes! Absolutely. The cyclic and collective are one-handed operations. The camera functions are on the base - gimbal tilt, video start-stop etc. but you could certainly press them one handed if you take the primary hand off the control stick. Very easy to do.

Mounted to a board from a wheelchair is almost perfect for this thing. Really will open the hobby up to folks that haven’t been able to appreciate it yet.

Just holding it for a minute at CES, I was hooked. It’s so super intuitive. Wait till you see the ascend/descend controls. They’re magnificently brilliant! It’s a trigger and thumb loop that goes “through” the top of the stick. So if you pull the trigger with your index finger, you ascend. Press down with the thumb, descend. Took longer to type that out than to learn it.

Can’t wait to get my hands on mine. :)

Reactions: Former Member
Yes! Absolutely. The cyclic and collective are one-handed operations. The camera functions are on the base - gimbal tilt, video start-stop etc. but you could certainly press them one handed if you take the primary hand off the control stick. Very easy to do.

Mounted to a board from a wheelchair is almost perfect for this thing. Really will open the hobby up to folks that haven’t been able to appreciate it yet.

Just holding it for a minute at CES, I was hooked. It’s so super intuitive. Wait till you see the ascend/descend controls. They’re magnificently brilliant! It’s a trigger and thumb loop that goes “through” the top of the stick. So if you pull the trigger with your index finger, you ascend. Press down with the thumb, descend. Took longer to type that out than to learn it.

Can’t wait to get my hands on mine. :)

Any ballpark update as to when they will start delivering?

Any ballpark update as to when they will start delivering?

Not sure - I’m just a customer (don’t have any connection to these guys) but their website says February. I don’t see any red flags to make me think that won’t happen ... given that their CEO is an astronaut, I have trust and faith that they’ll deliver what they say they will. Not many groups of folks I’d put my blind trust in more than an astronaut.

Not sure - I’m just a customer (don’t have any connection to these guys) but their website says February. I don’t see any red flags to make me think that won’t happen ... given that their CEO is an astronaut, I have trust and faith that they’ll deliver what they say they will. Not many groups of folks I’d put my blind trust in more than an astronaut.

When I was a kid in school, on every launch day, the teachers would herd all the students into the auditorium and we would get to see it on huge black and white tvs. Back in those days, astronauts were looked upon almost as deities. When Apollo 1 caught fire, and the 3 were killed, it was a national tragedy. I still remember that day.

Short version, I know how you feel about astronauts.

When I was a kid in school, on every launch day, the teachers would herd all the students into the auditorium and we would get to see it on huge black and white tvs. Back in those days, astronauts were looked upon almost as deities. When Apollo 1 caught fire, and the 3 were killed, it was a national tragedy. I still remember that day.

One of Scott’s fellow astronauts (Garrett Reisman) grew up in the township where I live. My son goes to the same middle school he did; and every time I walk in the front door and see his mission patches and such, I get a chill. I’m too young for Apollo 1, but definitely remember the stunning heartbreak of Challenger.

Recently across social media, I saw lots of lamenting over celebrity passings in 2018; none more worthy of adulation than John Young, in my book. Biggest loss of 2018.

There are programmable buttons on the base of the unit, so I’d guess Fluidity could assign that to the zoom function. Maybe use it as a toggle so the gimbal tilt or speed dial become a zoom knob instead?

We’ll have to wait and see how they choose to handle it ... and I’m sure they’d be open to some input on the best way to make use of it!

Yes i see, hope thats the route they choose, I ordered one the other day cant wait to try out. Im a novice at flying, just got the zoom about 4 months ago, this should help with family videos and scenic shots on vacation. Just wish, and i hope they see this, that we had more videos of it in action with drones and not commercial stuff on their website. Maybe try one out, i live in Houston and would great.

I bring

I bring 20 students every 2 years to the U.S. to attend Space Camp and then down to Orlando and the Cape to have lunch with an astronaut. Certainly something they will remember for life.

Got an email couple days ago that the ship date in the US has been pushed back to Q2. Somewhat disappointing because I’m really really anticipating getting my hands on it, but on the other hand, hopefully the delay will allow more time for the bugs to get worked out.

For partialy disabled people and/or those who can mount the base on something solid I can see it working well, but held in one hand and operated by the other?, I predict mucho dissapointment and cursing at buying into such a daft idea

Reactions: Kilrah
For partialy disabled people and/or those who can mount the base on something solid I can see it working well, but held in one hand and operated by the other?, I predict mucho dissapointment and cursing at buying into such a daft idea

It’s not daft at all. I tried it at CES. It’s very very comfortable. Looking forward to getting mine ... the flight controls are completely natural - you realize that dual-stick is not, after using it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143