DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fluidity FT Aviator

Here's hoping that there really is a solution for using the stick with the Moverios, especially seeing how at the :30 mark on the promo video it shows a guy donning them implying that they will work (even though I see no control unit nor an HDMI-out capable phone...if the BT-350s were in use). ;-)

We won't have Moverio integration at product launch, but we're working on it...

The pace of the Kickstarter campaign is accelerating. 3/4 of the min. amount has already been committed. My guess is that in a couple of days Scott and his team will have a reason to celebrate (and us supporters too :))

The pace of the Kickstarter campaign is accelerating. 3/4 of the min. amount has already been committed. My guess is that in a couple of days Scott and his team will have a reason to celebrate (and us supporters too :))
Thanks, Stan! Yes, we're now at 80% and counting, with 20 days left in the campaign - so we're on a roll and will easily make our mark. We're already cutting steel on injection molding tools, sourcing components and looking forward to getting the FT Aviator in your hands.

In the Other Good News category, we've also been able to extend shipment to many other countries in the world (where our FCC and CE certification are accepted, and the USPS can deliver). For our international pilot friends, please check out:

Update 2: FT Aviator Now Available to More Countries · FT Aviator: A Revolutionary Single-Handed Drone Controller

Enjoy the skies,
Scott

Reactions: StanTGM
Fully funded. Very tempted.
I guess it means more drain to the phone batteries.
Looks like a separate app to the DJI Go 4. Does it still generate the same flight logs that can be uploaded to AirData?

I just heard about this today and admit I have not read the entire thread as of yet but there was one post that I'd like to know more about:

This device still needs to be coupled with a phone/tab of some kind AND also the Mavic RC, that is the controller? So now three things need to be connected or in sync - the aviator, the phone and the RC? Isn't that getting to be weighty and possibly klutzy handful?

I think aftera small amount of time that a person would really like using this tool . I hope it works out

Well, they are now shipping to the UK (and a host of other places outside the US). I am pretty new to flying and man I really struggle (dyslexia) style with the two sticks. I often find myself thinking "why isn't the **** thing moving forward" only to discover it's going up! Maybe this is a more intuit solution? So tempted...

I was super keen to get on board when possible, but I have reached out numerous times with some questions and they have never responded or even acknowledged my questions. I do understand they may be bombarded with questions, but if you have no intention of communication with people or having the courtesy to respond to questions, then I don’t understand why they would come here to pimp their wares

I was super keen to get on board when possible, but I have reached out numerous times with some questions and they have never responded or even acknowledged my questions. I do understand they may be bombarded with questions, but if you have no intention of communication with people or having the courtesy to respond to questions, then I don’t understand why they would come here to pimp their wares
That's interesting. I've had good comm's with them. THey've told me b the time the non US sticks ship an adaptor should be ready for an iPad as, like you, I said this was a deal breaker for me.

That's interesting. I've had good comm's with them. THey've told me b the time the non US sticks ship an adaptor should be ready for an iPad as, like you, I said this was a deal breaker for me.
Nothing really is a deal breaker, except being ignored, perhaps the dont like the look of my name??
If this was a succesful device i could make it work. I work with a lot of elderly, veteran and disabled groups with individuals that would greatly benefit from what this device appears to be capable of. If it does the job i would certainly have quite a few of these in my kit. Im also sure some of the people im working with would grab one and be able to join our hobby/sport/careers.
But, as i have already said, these guys dont want to talk to me about this. Im tried p.m. here, the funding website and their own website. Im thinking that in the new year, this may be a project to give to my students to see what they may be able to develop

Reactions: Gooseman
I did it. Counting it as a Christmas present to myself. After what I’ve spent with dji (which itself was a gamble) it strikes me as a good bet. Maybe I’ll be sorry, or maybe I’ll just be a confident flyer. Point is if it simplifies and increases M2P control I’ll enjoy the sport much more and more quickly.

I’ll let you know.

I did it. Counting it as a Christmas present to myself. After what I’ve spent with dji (which itself was a gamble) it strikes me as a good bet. Maybe I’ll be sorry, or maybe I’ll just be a confident flyer. Point is if it simplifies and increases M2P control I’ll enjoy the sport much more and more quickly.

I’ll let you know.

How did it go?
Anyone got one yet?, must admit it seems like a not very good solution looking for a non-existant problem to me unless you have a Limb missing and want to hard mount it somewhere

But I've been wrong before, many times:)

Looking forward to taking delivery. I’m interested in using the controller personally but also for my son who learned how to fly with the Phantom 4. He was born with cerebral palsy 34 years ago and while he’s adapted well to life without much fine motor control in his left hand, he’s felt the limitations of a two hand controller. While it looks like FT Aviator might need two hands for some features, it also seems to give some more options to those who have some physical challenges.

Reactions: dmurphynj
I had the pleasure last week of attending CES, and got to actually hold one of these. Came home and immediately ordered one. It's so intuitive and comfortable. My guess is it's one of those things you just have to touch to understand - the tactile feel is great, and the controls so logical. Beyond the X/Y/Z-axis controls, there's a bevy of controls on the base itself. From camera controls to actually a speed dial to adjust flight speed - essentially changing from "tripod mode" to full speed on the fly. Well thought out, for sure.

I didn't get a chance to actually fly (we were in a booth on the show floor, after all), but just holding and feeling the controls, I know this is going to completely change how I fly. I can't wait to get it in my hands.

Reactions: SGPRIETO
While it looks like FT Aviator might need two hands for some features, it also seems to give some more options to those who have some physical challenges.

It does have a tripod screw-mount on the bottom, so you could always set it up on a tripod for your son. That'd give him the stability and ability to use it single handed.

How do you think it would work for a pilot who only has the use of his right arm?

As long as you mount it on something - a tripod, etc - I think it’ll be game changing.

Once mine arrives, I want to try it mounted on a MavMount. See how stable it sits.

But from a control perspective? Totally natural. It feels great - way more intuitive than dual stick controls for sure.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada