DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly App still Crashing

There has been an update to the android system that was supposed to fix a crashing issue. Something with "web services" and google. Check for updates to your phone.

I too had it happen 2 times today, to be fair this is the first time it's happened but still scary considering where the drone was at the time glad it just hovered till I got the app restarted. and I use a Samsung with no apps on it it is just for the Fly App

I too had it happen 2 times today, to be fair this is the first time it's happened but still scary considering where the drone was at the time glad it just hovered till I got the app restarted. and I use a Samsung with no apps on it it is just for the Fly App
Thank you for commenting .... sorry you have this issue too, but reassuring that I'm not alone....?

After update to one ui 3.1 fly app randomly crashes, its problem this bad app (other apps working well)

Still Crashing ☹️
Tried all sorts ... airplane mode....limited background precesses...latest version.
I remain connected by the controller to the AC but whilst the app reboots it's disconcerting. Must be the app because phone works fine with M2P on Go app.

Try to remove all files of the app from system dialogue, then uninstall and fresh install. This solved my problem.

Reactions: Hiwayman
Well today, whilst flying with a tablet in place of the honor 9, the app crashes again ☹️
It has been reported to DJI.

So I have now had the drone replaced. Clearly the Honor 9 phone or the Huawei tablet was not at fault because both crashed intermittently.
I just hope that the new drone doesn't do the same ?

I have been noticing the Fly app crashes the most when my signals are weak. makes it a safety issue with flying. don't want to crash into something because the signal is weak and the app crashing on top of that. Anyone else notice it doing this?

Well, after all this, having tried different phone/tablet, aeroplane mode etc etc I gave up. I returned my Mini 2 to the shop and was supplied with a new replacement. Full of positively I flew the new drone, and again the app crashes.
So, with phone and tablet and drone all changed, I firmly believe the app is the issue.
I don't see DJI resolving it so probably now just waiting for litchi to offer Mini 2 support. ☹️

It happens to me for the first time yesterday, after the app last update.

I haven't gotten my feet wet yet with flying a drone and I have been considering the Mini 2... but, all this talk of the app crashing while flying is making me nervous until the problems are resolved. I plan on using my IPhone 7.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27