DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

fly app

kamviclance

Reactions
I currently own and fly a Mavic mini. I want to upgrade to the Mini SE for the stronger motors and overall better build.
My question is, will the FLY app I am currently using for the Mini automatically adjust to the SE settings (screen layout, etc.) when powered up, or do I have to
download another copy of the FLY app to use with just the Mavic Mini SE?
Cheers.
Lance

It may depend on what version of the FLY you are currently using, if you are up to date there should be no problem. But if, like me, you like to use older versions of the App for the Mavic Mini then you would need to check what was/is the 'minimum' version of the App that is required for the SE.
I use separate phones for my Mavic Mini and Mini 2. The Mavic Mini phone runs a pre 1.2 version and the Mini 2 phone runs 1.3 I think

It may depend on what version of the FLY you are currently using, if you are up to date there should be no problem. But if, like me, you like to use older versions of the App for the Mavic Mini then you would need to check what was/is the 'minimum' version of the App that is required for the SE.
I use separate phones for my Mavic Mini and Mini 2. The Mavic Mini phone runs a pre 1.2 version and the Mini 2 phone runs 1.3 I think
Thanks for the fast reply.
I don't think there was a problem with the updated version for the mini (probably the last one also), so I will probably download that so as to be current to allow me to use the same app version for the SE.
Thanks again.
Cheers

I currently own and fly a Mavic mini. I want to upgrade to the Mini SE for the stronger motors and overall better build.
My question is, will the FLY app I am currently using for the Mini automatically adjust to the SE settings (screen layout, etc.) when powered up, or do I have to
download another copy of the FLY app to use with just the Mavic Mini SE?
Cheers.
Lance
Yes.

I've been flying Mini-2s for a while. I just got both a used Mini-1 and a new Mini-SE.

Both connected seamlessly to the Fly App that I already had on my phone.

MM

Good clarification!

I always keep everything up to date, and I use the same phone for all 5 of my Minis. Never a problem so far.

Thx,

MM

Don't replace your Mini with an SE. It isn't a meaningful upgrade by any useful measure. The SE suffers from the same wind, radio, and video limitations as the mini.

You'd be wasting your money, truly. Wait a bit and save a little more to upgrade to a Mini 2, which improves wind tolerance, radio communications and range, and the camera capability substantially.

Reactions: Gary R and MA2 317
Don't replace your Mini with an SE. It isn't a meaningful upgrade by any useful measure. The SE suffers from the same wind, radio, and video limitations as the mini.

You'd be wasting your money, truly. Wait a bit and save a little more to upgrade to a Mini 2, which improves wind tolerance, radio communications and range, and the camera capability substantially.
Well, I'll be doing some side-by-side testing about that exact issue when the weather gets better!

My first flights with them both suggest that the camera is a bit better on the SE, but I haven't looked at the images carefully.

And, it depends on how many drone you want. One advantage to the SE over the -1 is that the SE uses the identical batteries that the -2 uses. So if you wanted to have both an -SE and a -2, you would only need one battery bank.

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661