DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly automated missions with Waypoints 2.0 in DJI GO (The Complete Guide)

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
Many thanks for sharing, just waiting for Dji to update the CS Go4 app then I’ll be able to use it. Waiting patiently....

Reactions: msinger
Excellent. This is the same as Lichti pretty much? I have never done a 'mission'.

There's a review suggesting that Litchi is easier to use as it can be done on a desktop or larger unit and it is easier to edit missions or correct mis-entered waypoints and name things.

The Waypoints 2.0 feature allows you to create and automatically fly highly customizable waypoint missions in DJI GO with your Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic 2 Zoom. This detailed guide explains everything you need to know to use this feature.

Fly automated missions with Waypoints 2.0 in DJI GO (The Complete Guide)
Very comprehensive guide, thx!

Is there any way to instruct the drone to take pictures at every pre determined interval, say, every 0.5sec as it travels between waypoints?

Reactions: msinger
Is there any way to instruct the drone to take pictures at every pre determined interval, say, every 0.5sec as it travels between waypoints?
No. You could record video the entire time and pull stills from the recorded video.

It is annoying that even on regular flights, you can't snap a still pictures while taking video. This is common on many cameras and I suspect just shoots of a frame to a jpg file.

I know you can get it in post processing, but that is an extra step that limits the ability to quickly share.
It would be nice if you could even just grab a full resolution frame while browsing the video in the DJI App. (GoPro allows this in their app)

No. You could record video the entire time and pull stills from the recorded video.
so, there is no real solution to use those waypoints for 3d mapping? only way would still be to use litchy? can that app do it - shoot a series of photos at regular intervals while it traverses via series of waypoints?

so, there is no real solution to use those waypoints for 3d mapping? only way would still be to use litchy? can that app do it - shoot a series of photos at regular intervals while it traverses via series of waypoints?

I believe so

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+