DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FLY MORE CASE Modification to Stop Warped Propellers

The whole purpose of that 'hump' that you just cut/flattened, is to support the mini on its belly, and keep the props free from any pressure. The way to put the MM in the case, is to ensure the props are FORWARD of the hump, in the free space. That way the drone is not 'sitting' on the props.

Hey...... just MY opinion.

Stay safe!

The whole purpose of that 'hump' that you just cut/flattened, is to support the mini on its belly, and keep the props free from any pressure. The way to put the MM in the case, is to ensure the props are FORWARD of the hump, in the free space. That way the drone is not 'sitting' on the props.

Hey...... just MY opinion.

Stay safe!

In an ideal World that is exactly what should happen.
But people seem to be having problems storing it correctly. Hence all the warped props & motor error warning posts on this forum and Dji's since the latest firmware update.
I think the label in the case should have been easier to read.
By cutting that section in the case, so it lays flat (leaving the end part still raised) means you can now put your drone in the case without worrying too much if the props have slipped or moved.

I chopped up a different box... and made this...

A small tab to stop the props flopping under the belly of the drone when putting it in the flymore case. Chopped out of the bottom of a supermarket fruit tray and stuck onto the gimbal guard. Serves as a reminder to remove the gimbal guard before powering up as the power button is obscured by it when in place.20200512_174431.jpg

Better colour might have been red!

Last edited:
It's their cheap and easy drone, by DJI. So not much thought other than "Lets give it minimalistic but some kind of soft protection inside" - also not reaslising a lot of the younger demographic are probably a little too roughhouse with it and may not check the props or secure them using an accessory before stowing.Good to know about this apparent issue, so much so its forced a DJI response via a firmware update and warning message (lol).

Another solution:
if you BOUGHT the Fly More Combo, one would assume you'd want to STORE AWAY the prop cage?! Guess again. If you want to do that, you need to carry the original white box around with you...Ridiculous. So instead, STORE THE MAVIC in another bag or case during trransport and leave this crappy case at home...Come on, DJI....GIVE US A CASE that fits everything, as in, ALL accessories! I'm instead going to use my trust lowepro backpack that i've used for my lenses and DSLRs since there's not 1 decent alternative in the market more than 6 months after its release.

RoOSTA

Not much room for the charger in the flymore case either...?

not much room but enough room for the charger and the cables. It's funny how people buy a small drone and package and then want everything to be larger. Why not buy one of the larger and cheaper drones instead?97023153_179823816574740_3367985307663204352_n.jpg

Last edited:
The US charger is a little easier to fit in than the UK version. I certainly didn't want anything bigger, but better use of the available space in the flymore case would have been nice.

It's their cheap and easy drone, by DJI. So not much thought other than "Lets give it minimalistic but some kind of soft protection inside" - also not reaslising a lot of the younger demographic are probably a little too roughhouse with it and may not check the props or secure them using an accessory before stowing.Good to know about this apparent issue, so much so its forced a DJI response via a firmware update and warning message (lol).

Another solution: if you BOUGHT the Fly More Combo, one would assume you'd want to STORE AWAY the prop cage?! Guess again. If you want to do that, you need to carry the original white box around with you...Ridiculous. So instead, STORE THE MAVIC in another bag or case during trransport and leave this crappy case at home...Come on, DJI....GIVE US A CASE that fits everything, as in, ALL accessories! I'm instead going to use my trust lowepro backpack that i've used for my lenses and DSLRs since there's not 1 decent alternative in the market more than 6 months after its release.

RoOSTA
I'd like to see what you do with the lowepro pack. It was included in an Adorama deal with the mini at the original FlyMore price. There were other goodies, too.

Reactions: roosta
My way

Attachments

• A6C7E0EF-F51E-49A3-8931-45DB3A47A7A7.jpeg
    A6C7E0EF-F51E-49A3-8931-45DB3A47A7A7.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
  • 66953315-BBE8-43C5-9FD5-CC9F76B35448.jpeg
    66953315-BBE8-43C5-9FD5-CC9F76B35448.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 91
  • 5CE27D58-5629-485F-8ABE-57A7B84F6003.jpeg
    5CE27D58-5629-485F-8ABE-57A7B84F6003.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 90
  • 5D622F97-A3B9-4B51-9280-33FEA346FB2C.jpeg
    5D622F97-A3B9-4B51-9280-33FEA346FB2C.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 86
Reactions: Zen Fly
I'd like to see what you do with the lowepro pack. It was included in an Adorama deal with the mini at the original FlyMore price. There were other goodies, too.

I'm waiting on a handful of accessories to arrive, so on my net flight outdoors (and when restrictions lift where I life), I'll go for a fly and take a pick of bag packed and unpacked so you can see what fits. I'm not familiar with the specific Lowepro model that was part of a deal, I have an older one...but will certainly be more than enough for my requirements given its a larger photography backpack.

RoOSTA

excuse my ignorance on this but in what way should the props be stored whist in the case. ?

See post #1 Sticker in at least some flymore cases (mine didn't have a sticker like this)

I'm waiting on a handful of accessories to arrive, so on my net flight outdoors (and when restrictions lift where I life), I'll go for a fly and take a pick of bag packed and unpacked so you can see what fits. I'm not familiar with the specific Lowepro model that was part of a deal, I have an older one...but will certainly be more than enough for my requirements given its a larger photography backpack.

RoOSTA
I guess how successful the case/pack is will depend on whether the props get distorted or bent when packed/transported.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar