DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly More Case

John Locke

Reactions
With my new M2 I purchased the "Fly More" kit, like I did with my previous MP. The case is better this time. The materials are really good. But unfortunately it's still not easy to use, although better than MP. It's pretty sad they do such a great job with materials and construction, but designed it 10% too small. Funny, right? If it was just 10% larger things would slip in and out so much easier. I feel I have to carefully insert and remove the craft from the bag, it's so tight. The material inside always gets hung up on the blades or landing feet. I just don't understand how they can do such an incredible job at designing craft that are 1000 times more complex than a tote bag, get the craft done right, and screw up on the bag design like this. A 10% increase in size would have been the bees knees for a small tote bag. Fricken 10%.

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerMav and ff22
It’s, what the word I’m looking for, a snug fit.. but I suppose it’s better having it like that than being to loose. The only problem I have is with the batteries, getting them seated correctly is a pain;)

Reactions: RogerMav
My mavic 2, all the accessories, and a total of 4 batteries fit just fine. There are a couple good YouTube videos out there with a few different packing ideas. The only thing I would change is from that solid brick battery charger hub, to a 4 wire "spider" type of thing.

I got tired of having to "snug fit" every time i fly...which is several times a day. I purchased a Case Club hard shell case on Amazon for around $50. It has room for 5 batteries as wellI have a Case Club for my Phantom 4 Pro which is a superior case to the one for the Mavic 2 Pro but it also cost 4 times a s much. Personal preference i suppose.

I got tired of having to "snug fit" every time i fly...which is several times a day. I purchased a Case Club hard shell case on Amazon for around $50. It has room for 5 batteries as wellI have a Case Club for my Phantom 4 Pro which is a superior case to the one for the Mavic 2 Pro but it also cost 4 times a s much. Personal preference i suppose.

I'll have to see if I can find that case on Amazon, I don't mind having to pack the helicopter away and it's really nice that it's such a small package to throw in the trunk of the car, but I do like the idea of a hard case.

I'll have to see if I can find that case on Amazon, I don't mind having to pack the helicopter away and it's really nice that it's such a small package to throw in the trunk of the car, but I do like the idea of a hard case.

Have a look at the B&W 3000 hard case for the mavic 2, very very nice case plus you can charge your batteries in it, check out the video about it;)

Here's a similar case by Case Club. Mine holds 5 batteries separate from the drone. I don't know why they are not showing it on their website. Could have discontinued it with the cutouts. The one in the link looks identical as far as the shell is concerned, just different configuration.

DJI Mavic 2 Pro Fly More Carry Case - Case Club Cases

With my new M2 I purchased the "Fly More" kit, like I did with my previous MP. The case is better this time. The materials are really good. But unfortunately it still difficult to use, although better than MP. It's pretty sad they do such a great job with materials and construction, but design it 10% too small. Funny, right? If it was just 10% larger things would slip in and out so much easier. I feel I have to carefully insert and remove the craft from the bag, it's so tight. The material inside always gets hung up on the blades or landing feet. I just don't understand how they can do such an incredible job at designing craft that are 1000 times more complex than a tote bag, get the craft done right, and screw up on the bag design like this. A 10% increase in size would have been the bees knees for a small tote bag. Fricken 10%.

I think the M2 case is just fine if you insert the drone up-side down with the top of the drone to the side of the case simply holding the props with two middle fingers while inserting. Really easy and smooth. The rest still fits 2 batteries, controller and in the hollow bottom, you can stow away the car charger if needed.

At this point I would love to see DJI come out with a modified fly-more case for the smart controller purchase package. I would have to be a bit thicker, same width and height fitting the controller against the back of the case. It would offer at the same time room for at least one more battery since the front of the case would have two pretty much equal sized compartments, one for the AC and the other for a bunch of batteries - just a thought.

I think the M2 case is just fine if you insert the drone up-side down with the top of the drone to the side of the case simply holding the props with two middle fingers while inserting. Really easy and smooth. The rest still fits 2 batteries, controller and in the hollow bottom, you can stow away the car charger if needed.
I loved my flymore man bag until I got the B&W case for Christmas. The case is nice and small and manageable while travelling around to fly.

The flymore bag is great, can’t fault it and I’d still be using it if I didn’t get the above case. So in short I totally agree with you;)

I also use a sleeve for my Zoom and i can fit everything that came with the drone in the fly more bag including 3 extra batteries.

It also makes it easy to take the drone out of the bag with the sleeve, and its soft material inside of it.

DJI Mavic 2 Aircraft Sleeve

Reactions: John Locke
I also use a sleeve for my Zoom and i can fit everything that came with the drone in the fly more bag including 3 extra batteries.

It also makes it easy to take the drone out of the bag with the sleeve, and its soft material inside of it.

DJI Mavic 2 Aircraft Sleeve

I got one for the Mavic Pro - looks the same and the Mavic 2 fits into it.

I got one for the Mavic Pro - looks the same and the Mavic 2 fits into it.
It appears there are two sizes, one for MP and a larger one for M2Z and M2P. Please note, the first link I provide for Amazon FALSELY advertises it will work with M2. Look at the review.

This is exactly what I needed to help make the fly-more kit tote bag work better. @Simk1n , Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev