DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly more worth it?

Placed my order 10am on launch day, shipped the next morning arriving wed via fed ex 10:30 am delivery ! Stoked
Thats assuming i get it. Ordered 2.5 days ago and status hasnt shifted from Payment Authorised.

I'll probably keep it as a spare.[/Q

View attachment 44290

Taken yesterday Mavic pro maybe I don't need the 1" sensor lol
You don't NEED 1" sensor, but you probably want it ;-)

About the original MP fly more - i bought it, the price difference was little more than just the 2 batteries...

Batteries - use it all the time.

Props - well, its good to have a spare.

Bag - some don't like it, i actually use it, starts to show signs of wear after about a year

Car charger - useless for me, for most it works fine as long as the car is running, for me the moment i turn on the lights and an AC, even when the car is running, the voltage drops just enough to make it work intermittently, and it isn't the car battery fault, just the way the car is wired. I am using a third party charger, that works fine.

Battery-to-5V-USB - surprisingly useful, for example, while traveling by plane. You already have the MP batteries, why not use them to charge your phone.

PS: overall it could be better, but worth the deal

I think it was worth the deal- my old aftermarket bag fit my mavic but wouldn't fit the MP2. The old Fly More Combo bag was said to be too small- the new Fly More Combo bag may be a little better design, I hope. Will see once it arrives. I thought the car charger was a nice "in an emergency" accessory- like if LA gets hit with an earthquake and I'm relegated to be in the car for long periods and want to use the drone to scout damage, routes, etc. (a stretch, I know- but like I said- just in case)

Blue charger may not work. Mavic Pro is a 3s battery (3 cells). Mavic 2 is a 4s battery. Voltages are higher in the M2 (15.4 vs 11.4). So the Blue Chargers don't have enough voltage.
The one made for the Mavic Pro won't, but you can bet an updated one for the Mavic 2 will be released soon enough.

Buy the fly more! The new batteries are £109 each and the hub another £49, the rest of the kit are just free gifts! I’ll be selling the bag too.

You don't NEED 1" sensor, but you probably want it ;-)

About the original MP fly more - i bought it, the price difference was little more than just the 2 batteries...

Batteries - use it all the time.

Props - well, its good to have a spare.

Bag - some don't like it, i actually use it, starts to show signs of wear after about a year

Car charger - useless for me, for most it works fine as long as the car is running, for me the moment i turn on the lights and an AC, even when the car is running, the voltage drops just enough to make it work intermittently, and it isn't the car battery fault, just the way the car is wired. I am using a third party charger, that works fine.

Battery-to-5V-USB - surprisingly useful, for example, while traveling by plane. You already have the MP batteries, why not use them to charge your phone.

PS: overall it could be better, but worth the deal

Agreed, and you also get the charging hub in the fly more.. As far as the batteries on plane,. I think TSA want them discharged to 25% on the plane.. so charging phones will be short..

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Placed my order 10am on launch day, shipped the next morning arriving wed via fed ex 10:30 am delivery ! Stoked

4 days now since ordering, still hasnt shipped. Very irritating given their initial launch claim!

I think you're better off buying what you need separately. You'll get better components for less money.

A couple of extra batteries, sure. The DJI bag isn't very good; you can find something better that is more tailored to your needs (soft-sided, hard shell, backpack, whatever). DJI's multicharger charges batteries sequentially, so it'll still take almost four hours to charge three batteries. Ditch that for one of the blue five-in-one chargers for about $40 that charges three batteries, the controller and another USB device simultaneously; you're out the door in a little more than an hour. Extra props are cheap on their own.
That blue 5 in 1 charger is amazing.

That blue 5 in 1 charger is amazing.

Ya I have one for the P3P. Since I got the fly more for the mavic air I never got it. IT does take longer since it's not all at once but I went ahead and got the fly more combo for the mavic Pro 2.

Do I think the FMC is worth it on the MP2... I think so. I know eventually they will release a 5-1 charger but for now the stock hub works good. You don't have to sit there and monitor it. Just works as it should.

YEP worth it in NZ. I got fly more premium. Prefer the hard case as it provides more storage and is much safer. Use the soft bag for odds and ends.

Keep an eye on ebay promo codes.
I got the fly more kit from buydig on ebay with a promo code for $271.15 free shipping.
Ordered it Aug 28, 2018, delivered Aug 31, 2018

Sadly my M2P is still on backorder at B&H, so not even shipped yet...

Keep an eye on ebay promo codes.
I got the fly more kit from buydig on ebay with a promo code for $271.15 free shipping.
Ordered it Aug 28, 2018, delivered Aug 31, 2018

Sadly my M2P is still on backorder at B&H, so not even shipped yet...

Why BH and not DJI Direct? I ordered mine on launch day and had it in my home 3 days!

Why BH and not DJI Direct? I ordered mine on launch day and had it in my home 3 days!

Lots of us ordered on launch day and still haven't had drones though. Outside the US the service appears to be abysmal.

Question re the bag: Packing 2 extra batteries the remote and drone don't seem to fit in the bag very well. I am having to remove the props to get the Mavic in. Watching Youtube review videos, people whip the drone out of the bag easy with props on...??

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661