DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly more worth it?

Still undecided if I should grab the FlyMore or not. Unfortunately I am in Canada so I can’t get that Newegg deal. It’s a struggle with only 1 battery though.

Just decided to get the kit, in stock from Wex (UK) there's a discount code available for free next day.
Batteries seem otherwise unlikely to available until October by which time autumn colours will be fading.
The car charger and hub thing will get used, not sure about the rest of it.

I have various bags already, normally I get two extra batteries and a second charger.

For my personal situation, the only thing i would really need are the two batteries. I already have an unused camera bag lying around which would be perfect for the Mavic and all components. As far as charging goes, i don’t mind using the standard charger as I mostly charge my batteries the day before. Once I have multiple batteries, I will look for a device that charges them simultaneously.
On my previous drone, I haven’t lost / broken any of the provided props and they even included less propellers than DJI does. I think the provided ones will cover me well enough and if I do need some, I’ll just get some from my local store.
The battery-to-powerbank adapter is obsolete, as I have recently purchased an overkill powerbank with drone flying in mind. Also, the remote will now charge my phone, so the only thing that will need to be charged on the go is the remote. My powerbank will cover that.
Now all that is left is the car adapter...
Maybe (if I ever need it) I’ll get it separately.

So 6 months later, is Fly More bundle still worth it?

I guess B&H or Adorama will throw in microSD cards too.

Main question for me is if the charging hub is worth it, either buying on its own or as part of this Fly More bundle. Are there 3rd party chargers out now which will recharge 3 batteries as fast or faster?

Can you get the separate batteries easily now or is the Fly More bundle the easiest way to get it?

How fast is the car charger? I don't see any point in buying it if it takes hours to recharge a battery with it because I don't see a situation where I'll be able to leave that plugged in for hours.

The only thing holding me back is I already have a nice case, and I'm sure they will come out with a multiple charge hub soon.. mavic pro 2 does come with a charger correct?
There is a multicharger for 4 batteries available from DJI and resellers... just don’t buy a copycat version.

So 6 months later, is Fly More bundle still worth it?

I guess B&H or Adorama will throw in microSD cards too.

Main question for me is if the charging hub is worth it, either buying on its own or as part of this Fly More bundle. Are there 3rd party chargers out now which will recharge 3 batteries as fast or faster?

Can you get the separate batteries easily now or is the Fly More bundle the easiest way to get it?

How fast is the car charger? I don't see any point in buying it if it takes hours to recharge a battery with it because I don't see a situation where I'll be able to leave that plugged in for hours.
I have used everything in the FMC kit and am glad I got it.

What is the charging time in the standard charger vs. the charging hub?

What is the charging time in the standard charger vs. the charging hub?
Same per battery and charges sequentiallly from highest charged to lowest charged battery. It is not accelerated like the advanced charging hub for the MPP, but it gets them done without my attention. I rarely fly less than 3-4 battery’s time.

If I am in a hurry I use the RC Tech charger. If I’m not I just use the hub. The RC Tech charger gets hot and I like to keep my eye on it.

I feel like the fly more is worth it for the hub and the batteries.

If you used the bag then definitely buy the pgytech prop holder things. I don’t use the bag anymore because I bought a GPC case.

Does that case have room for the M2P, batteries and the charger and the hub?

It is well worth it due to all the extra gear you get on top of two batts and the fact you can't find the batts anywhere else for less than $125 each.

Reactions: frank candor
Still undecided if I should grab the FlyMore or not. Unfortunately I am in Canada so I can’t get that Newegg deal. It’s a struggle with only 1 battery though.

I'm in Canada too and it was cheaper for me to not get the Fly More, because I will never use the bag or the car charger (many cars don't even have a 12V/cigarette lighter port anymore).

I got 2 extra batteries, an extra set of props, the charging hub, and an aircraft sleeve (which is useless and does not fit the Mavic 2 BTW) for about $50 less than the Fly More. The savings wasn't huge but there was no point spending money for stuff I'll never use, and $50 buys me another couple memory cards or 1/3 of a 4th battery.

If you do want it, keep an eye on Amazon.ca, it's $449 every day ($499 MSRP), and occasionally drops to $399. At the very least get your preferred drone shop to match that price.

If you need a good bag, Amazon also has the LowePro Droneguard BP250 on for $140 pretty regularly, and $179 every other day ($229 MSRP). The BP200 is still only $99 if you don't need the laptop compartment or larger top storage.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb