DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly on my MA friends!

Brettric

Reactions
I know I’ve only been here 2 weeks (exactly - Best Buy has a15 day return policy), however I’ve been fighting the WiFi issue since day one. Bought the D cables, tried airplane mode, flew in remote areas, ordered the range extenders (due here tomorrow, day late and a dollar short), read all the forums about signal loss, antenna direction, etc. I actively tried to make it work. Even bought the PolerPro Cinema 6 lens package. Then today happened. See the pic below. It was the same for different cables, iPad vs iPhone, I don’t know what to say. Going to return and put towards something else, maybe DJI, maybe not. Know all about Occusync 2.0 but justright now so frustrating.

65F81FF3-5B5C-4101-82D6-EF45CE6B89DF.jpeg

For diagnostic purposes, have you tried using a cable from your phone to the USB port right by your left ring finger (on the RC)?

For diagnostic purposes, have you tried using a cable from your phone to the USB port right by your left ring finger (on the RC)?

Yes, tried new cables (Apple MFi Certified) from both the USB-C port as well as the USB-D port, iPhone X and IPad Air. Same issues unfortunately.

How far out was the aircraft when you lost signal?

I know I’ve only been here 2 weeks (exactly - Best Buy has a15 day return policy), however I’ve been fighting the WiFi issue since day one. Bought the D cables, tried airplane mode, flew in remote areas, ordered the range extenders (due here tomorrow, day late and a dollar short), read all the forums about signal loss, antenna direction, etc. I actively tried to make it work. Even bought the PolerPro Cinema 6 lens package. Then today happened. See the pic below. It was the same for different cables, iPad vs iPhone, I don’t know what to say. Going to return and put towards something else, maybe DJI, maybe not. Know all about Occusync 2.0 but justright now so frustrating.

View attachment 79870
16 feet (or meters)? Either way, that’s definitely not normal. It should easily transmit 100x that, at least.

View attachment 79870
That’s odd. I have had my air well over a mile out with no chairs doe drop or lag at all.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I think you might have just gotten a defective unit.

View attachment 79870

From your picture I think it is understandable. How can you expect to maintain connection at distances like that? I'm kidding of course and have only seen this with one other aircraft (Karma) where I could almost literally touch the aircraft and didn't have a signal. I know it's not Occu-sync, but still this is ridiculous.

I completely understand the once bitten twice shy aspect of it when you get a lemon, whether the product be a computer, a drone, a car, etc. You are hesitant to go back to that manufacturer. I have drones from most of the major manufacturers and each of them have plusses and minuses. Please feel free to ask here and the other boards linked below to look for recommendations.

Regarding your range extenders you purchased, you likely can find a buyer here in the classified area.

View attachment 79870
Psssst! E V O

On the off chance, have you tried borrowing someones Android phone and installing the app on there and trying it? It could be iPhone related. Just saying.
I've been flying over 12 months with an MA and an Android phone (an Honor 9 and currently a Huawei P30 Pro) and have had no problems at all.
Worth a shot I guess!

Reactions: Thomas B
I had the same problem with my phantom 4 and I ordered the 4hawks raptor xr and sent my controller off to have it installed. And it fixed it [emoji846] I think it was all the digital noise that I was having a problem with. But you do have to take apart your controller to install but hope to see ya in the air again so day soon.

I have a MA and use the usb cable for ipad connection and it's rock solid, no complaints in fact I prefer the MA over my MP2

Why would an EVO be better, when for a few dollars more, you can buy the Mavic 2 Zoom with a 5 mile range on Occusync 2.0, instead of the lousy Wifi EVO that craps out at anything over a mile?

Is several hundred dollars "a few?"

Besides that the vast majority cannot legally fly beyond VLOS and the Evo won't prevent you from taking off which many DJI products may (depending on your location).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki