DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

problems installing Litchi on the SC: pls help

Ronny St.

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello,
I have been trying for hours now yesterday and today and maybe someone here knows what I am doing wrong. I want to install Litchi on my SC so I followed the steps in some youtube videos as this one:

When I install the google installer from uptodown.com as described above, it is a .bin file and can't be opened by the SC so I transferred it to my SC via an SD card. Strange that on the PC I immediately get the apk file, but ok, I did solve that problem. Bigger issue is that I always get a chinese version after install. I tried several sites (also APK Pure) to download it but it keeps coming in chinese after install. How can I get it in English since I do not speak or understand Chinese at all

When I try via amazon app installer, it works BUT I should have to buy Litchi again, despite the fact that I bought it with the same email address I use for amazon. This seems to be in contrast to the results on the Tech Drone Media youtube at 1min 48 sec:

Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance

Edit: I also tried via the Lighting browser on the SC but that does not give me the possibility to install it, only some video links...

Why isn't Litchi providing the .apk file for simple download and install? That would make it much easier for a lot of us.

Last edited:
Hello,
I have been trying for hours now yesterday and today and maybe someone here knows what I am doing wrong. I want to install Litchi on my SC so I followed the steps in some youtube videos as this one:

When I install the google installer from uptodown.com as described above, it is a .bin file and can't be opened by the SC so I transferred it to my SC via an SD card. Strange that on the PC I immediately get the apk file, but ok, I did solve that problem. Bigger issue is that I always get a chinese version after install. I tried several sites (also APK Pure) to download it but it keeps coming in chinese after install. How can I get it in English since I do not speak or understand Chinese at all

When I try via amazon app installer, it works BUT I should have to buy Litchi again, despite the fact that I bought it with the same email address I use for amazon. This seems to be in contrast to the results on the Tech Drone Media youtube at 1min 48 sec:

Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance

Edit: I also tried via the Lighting browser on the SC but that does not give me the possibility to install it, only some video links...

Why isn't Litchi providing the .apk file for simple download and install? That would make it much easier for a lot of us.
I've always installed it from the Amazon Appstore and it works great. I don't know why these youtube videos steer folks in any other direction. Once you purchase on the Appstore you can install Appstore on any android device and any apps purchased on there are available for download on that device. I'm not familiar with the sites you mentioned, maybe you could request a return and purchase it on Amazon Appstore.

Reactions: Capt KO
Thanks for responding, KB9Radio!
As stated above, I bought it from Google Play on my smartphone. Will I have to pay again if I now download it via the Amazon Appstore? So it will be installed on another device than the first time.
On the Litchi site I found the following:
Please note that you can only have one version of Litchi installed at once; you cannot have Litchi from Google's Play Store installed on the same device as Litchi from Amazon's Appstore.
But in my case it is not on the same device, so that puzzles me.

Thanks for responding, KB9Radio!
As stated above, I bought it from Google Play on my smartphone. Will I have to pay again if I now download it via the Amazon Appstore? So it will be installed on another device than the first time.
On the Litchi site I found the following:
Please note that you can only have one version of Litchi installed at once; you cannot have Litchi from Google's Play Store installed on the same device as Litchi from Amazon's Appstore.
But in my case it is not on the same device, so that puzzles me.
I never found a decent way to install the playstore on my smart controller, and never needed to because the Amazon Appstore was already installed from the factory. The Appstore doesn't have nearly as much on it as playstore, however I run very few extras on the smart controller due to the limited power and storage space.
As for purchasing it again, yes you would need to because playstore and Appstore are totally different companies. You could try contacting Litchi and see if they could help you out and send you the correct version for the smart controller.
Once purchased you can install Litchi on multiple devices just by installing and signing into the same service you purchased it on. I'm sure Litchi means that you can't have two different versions on your device at the same time. In the past I have seen multiple people who purchased on playstore and then couldn't get it to work on the smart controller, and some have no problem. Amazon Appstore is very simple to download and install on any android device. Then you just sign in using your Amazon account credentials, and anything you purchased in the past is there.

I never found a decent way to install the playstore on my smart controller, and never needed to because the Amazon Appstore was already installed from the factory. The Appstore doesn't have nearly as much on it as playstore, however I run very few extras on the smart controller due to the limited power and storage space.
As for purchasing it again, yes you would need to because playstore and Appstore are totally different companies. You could try contacting Litchi and see if they could help you out and send you the correct version for the smart controller.
Once purchased you can install Litchi on multiple devices just by installing and signing into the same service you purchased it on. I'm sure Litchi means that you can't have two different versions on your device at the same time. In the past I have seen multiple people who purchased on playstore and then couldn't get it to work on the smart controller, and some have no problem. Amazon Appstore is very simple to download and install on any android device. Then you just sign in using your Amazon account credentials, and anything you purchased in the past is there.
I did manage to install Amazon Appstore on my SC but I guess I have 'bad luck' being one of those that cannot get it to work on the SC without buying it also from Amazon Appstore.

PS I took the freedom to put the corresponding text in your post in italic bold to enhance.

I did manage to install Amazon Appstore on my SC but I guess I have 'bad luck' being one of those that cannot get it to work on the SC without buying it also from Amazon Appstore.

PS I took the freedom to put the corresponding text in your post in italic bold to enhance.
I didn't read back through my original post, however I do believe I said you will need to purchase it again on the Appstore, because Amazon Appstore & Google Playstore are two totally separate companies. Apps you purchase on one, aren't available on the other for installation without purchasing again. However, if you install and purchase it from the Amazon Appstore, you could then install Appstore on a phone, tablet, or whatever, and then install it on all of those devices. I guess what I'm saying is if you purchased it on Google Playstore, then Amazon Appstore has no idea about that purchase, and would require you to purchase it again.
Your only options is to work with Playstore and/or Litchi, to see if they can help out, or purchase it again on the Amazon Appstore.
Few good options.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronny St.
Thanks for your contribution here, I am now convinced I don't have to waste any more time trying to get Litchi without buying me a new license. Fortunately, it is very cheap if you see what you get for your money and it sure is worth it!

Are you aware of the Litchi forum, Flylitchi? You might get some help there.

Are you aware of the Litchi forum, Flylitchi? You might get some help there.
If you use buy a Playstore app, and later want to install it on a DJI device, you have to install Amazon appstore then install Litchi from there; AND have to make a second purchase. Been like that since I was flying a Phantom 4 PRO+

Reactions: Walleye Hunter
If you use buy a Playstore app, and later want to install it on a DJI device, you have to install Amazon appstore then install Litchi from there; AND have to make a second purchase. Been like that since I was flying a Phantom 4 PRO+
OK, so you're saying that you can install Litchi on an android phone from the playstore but you would always have to buy it from amazoo appstore for an RC or RC Pro?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi